Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 Paper Piecing Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/dear-jane-i9-k9-m8-tr5-paper-piecing-patterns-t32590.html)

kluedesigns 12-30-2009 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Wow! I didn't know that (must have missed it). That is really great for you to do for everyone. :-D

What is the end of each work period? Sorry if I am asking questions that have been answered. I haven't been looking at all the messages in the last month with other stuff going on.

we're doing a 6 weeks on 1 week off time table.

so by the end of that 6th week your pics of all those blocks need to be posted - you can't use the week off to qualify for the fabric give away - its meant for rest, other projects, or to fix a jane block you aren't that happy with.

here is the entire schedule that details every block/triangle/kite and the weeks to do them in. it also details the week offs.

Dear Jane Cyber Block Party Schedule
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61228[/ATTACH]

Esqmommy 12-30-2009 10:55 PM

I'll see how it goes tomorrow and I'll try to get the other 3 done. It took time tonight to wash/dry/starch/iron the fabric and get the foundations printed too.

Are we posting pictures of the finished blocks?

Hey Pam...do you want to get together every once in a while and sew together? It might help pass the time working on them!!

pittsburgpam 12-30-2009 11:55 PM

Thanks Klue... sorry for being "clueless"!! :P

I would love to get together and sew. The question is... who's house and do we bring our machines? :lol:

BlueChicken 12-31-2009 12:02 AM

Thanks Klue... sorry for being "clueless"!! :P

I would love to get together and sew. The question is... who's house and do we bring our machines? :lol:

You're SOOOOO lucky! I'd love to be able to get together with someone to sew some of these blocks.

cutebuns 12-31-2009 12:19 AM

I am guessing that I am to far away huh?

BlueChicken 12-31-2009 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I am guessing that I am to far away huh?

That depends on exactly which field you're in the middle of! ;-)

Maksi 12-31-2009 04:08 AM

Thank you so much Kelly!

Lacelady 12-31-2009 06:20 AM

No one has mentioned the problem I am having (not that I've noticed anyway) I get that I have to change the size of the triangle to 5in x 8in, but I can't seem to do it if I want a foundation print, only if I want the templates to print. I did that, and I've just had to draft out foundations for myself, because the templates only give you one triangle in TR5. So is there something I am missing? Is there a way to change the size of a foundation triangle? Many thanks.

Mamaskeeto 12-31-2009 06:24 AM

Let the fun begin!

kluedesigns 12-31-2009 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
No one has mentioned the problem I am having (not that I've noticed anyway) I get that I have to change the size of the triangle to 5in x 8in, but I can't seem to do it if I want a foundation print, only if I want the templates to print. I did that, and I've just had to draft out foundations for myself, because the templates only give you one triangle in TR5. So is there something I am missing? Is there a way to change the size of a foundation triangle? Many thanks.

i'm not sure what the problem is but i'll run you thru the steps that i do and maybe we can find the problem.

1) open up the software and select triangle TR5 for editing

2) click on "file"

3) click on "print"

4) click on "foundation pattern"

5) click on the "options" tab

6) on the left side of the pop up window - change block size to 5 x 8 and it should have 1/4 inch seams

7) on the right side of the pop up window - make sure print numbers, separate units, gray scale, and print block name are checked.

8) uncheck any thing else that might be checked on the right side

9) click on "preview" towards the bottom center of the print window

10) you should have 4 pieces that need to be paper pieced and 2 long side strips.

11) move them around to different locations so they can all fit on one page

12) hit the print button once you're happy with the placement