Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Fabric covered needlework box (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/fabric-covered-needlework-box-t28902.html)

Butterflyspain 01-22-2010 01:14 AM

Look forward to it Cherlee

Chrickett 01-22-2010 07:11 AM

I have my cardboard cut out and my material picked , now to just get started, I used two sheets of card stock, it was easier for me to cut out, I hope it will hold up If any of you think not please let me know. I have to get som poly batting, for the inside. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Lacelady 01-22-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Ok somehow I lost this thread and Elle reminded me of it this week, so here is to all the ladies I missed complimenting.
Elle, all three of your gift boxes are lovely and I am sure that the girls never noticed any mistake. I love your box too, it came out beautiful!
Pat I love how your box came out, purple, white and green are my favorite color combos.
Brush you also did a beautiful job on your boxes for Christmas presents. Did you wait until Christmas to give them? LOL
Well LaceLady your tutorial seems to be a hit with us all. I have bookmarked the tutorial and have to get a couple of projects out of the way before I try it myself. But you can be sure I will because they are beautiful!!!

Thank you for the nice comments Penny, I look forward to seeing your box in due course.

Lacelady 01-22-2010 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
I've been biding my time until I get the cardboard to do this with...and then it dawned on me...I have a TON of the large flat rate boxes from the Post Office...use them for my ebay sales! I'll be starting one tonight! :D

Don't tell the Post Office, LOL.

Lacelady 01-22-2010 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Chrickett
I have my cardboard cut out and my material picked , now to just get started, I used two sheets of card stock, it was easier for me to cut out, I hope it will hold up If any of you think not please let me know. I have to get som poly batting, for the inside. I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Don't forget you need enough to pad the lid too.

Charlee 01-22-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

I've been biding my time until I get the cardboard to do this with...and then it dawned on me...I have a TON of the large flat rate boxes from the Post Office...use them for my ebay sales! I'll be starting one tonight! :D

They just said that I couldn't use them to mail anything other than priority mail via USPS...they didn't say "Don't make a sewing box with them!!" And...to be honest...the large flat rates, after I checked them, won't make the 8" circle without a fold seam in them...~sigh~ So I'm going to steal the cardboard off of the boss' desk blotter! ~grin~

Lacelady 01-22-2010 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

They just said that I couldn't use them to mail anything other than priority mail via USPS...they didn't say "Don't make a sewing box with them!!" And...to be honest...the large flat rates, after I checked them, won't make the 8" circle without a fold seam in them...~sigh~ So I'm going to steal the cardboard off of the boss' desk blotter! ~grin~

I presume that is because the boss didn't say not to use it for a sewing box too?

Charlee 01-22-2010 09:42 PM

Uh-Huh! :lol:

Chrickett 01-23-2010 10:15 AM

Thank you Lace lady, Ithink this is going to be a slow project for me. It is suppose to rain Monday and I will get at it then.

pal 01-23-2010 11:10 AM

Got my cardboard!