Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   For Gee Hope (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/gee-hope-t63071.html)

Caroltee 09-06-2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by mocha827
How do you get the sticky off the back of the towel?

The sticky back stabilizer is like your post it notes it pulls of the towel without damaging and the sticky stays on the paper not the fabric…. like tear away stabilizer but with sticky back. Hope this makes sense. You can keep position your fabric on it then when you get it like you want you take your hand and press the fabric onto the sticky. If you ever use this you will love it you don’t need to use the top part of your hoop because the stabilizer will hold your project. It’s great for thick items that are hard to hoop. Good luck.

mar32428 09-06-2010 01:56 PM

I did this with my first towel and all went well with the first two designs. The third one was too dense as I found out later. How do you "de- dense" a pattern?

Caroltee 09-06-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by mar32428
I did this with my first towel and all went well with the first two designs. The third one was too dense as I found out later. How do you "de- dense" a pattern?

Am not sure if I under stand what U mean but if the design is to tight then U may need to make the pattern larger (resize the design) to release some of the density. If the towels were of a different weave that may have played a part in the outcome. Hope this helps… Let me know what happens .Good Luck

Annz 09-06-2010 05:25 PM

Congratulations to you. that was a great tute.

mocha827 09-06-2010 05:30 PM

thanks for the reply about the stabilizer. Do you know the brand of it? I have done many towels and am looking for a good leave in stabilizer that will tear cleanly away on the back. thanks for all your time.

Dee 09-06-2010 05:33 PM

Good tute. Thanks for sharing.

Caroltee 09-06-2010 08:29 PM

thanks for the reply about the stabilizer. Do you know the brand of it? I have done many towels and am looking for a good leave in stabilizer that will tear cleanly away on the back. thanks for all your time.

Well am a bargain hunter and look for the best price or what’s on sale. If I get something that I don’t like then I can tell U not to get that one but so far I haven’t gotten any stabilizers that I have been happy with Sooooooooo in answer to your question I think any brand would be ok. Sometimes we have to learn by trial and error. :-D :thumbup:

Caroltee 09-06-2010 08:34 PM

[quote=Caroltee]

OOPs I meant to say unhappy with

mar32428 09-07-2010 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Caroltee

Originally Posted by mar32428

Am not sure if I under stand what U mean but if the design is to tight then U may need to make the pattern larger (resize the design) to release some of the density. If the towels were of a different weave that may have played a part in the outcome. Hope this helps… Let me know what happens .Good Luck

Thanks Caroltee. I'll try that. I really haven't spent the time to learn all the ins and outs of embroidery. My ASG has started a club to take us from the very beginning to wherever. I sure need it. Not stupid, just lazy. Too much quilting. You guys keep putting on beautiful quilts that I decide I must try. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!

Caroltee 09-07-2010 10:59 AM

Know what U mean Been there done that toooooooooo
Good Luck. If U need help there are lots of Quilting Angels on this board to give a helping hand.