Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   How I bast my quilts to prevent wrinkles. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-i-bast-my-quilts-prevent-wrinkles-t150024.html)

ccthomas 09-04-2011 07:47 AM

Like all your tutorials. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie P 09-04-2011 10:30 AM

Thanks for sharing a great idea.

dsch 09-04-2011 11:23 AM

thanks!

rslindiana 09-04-2011 01:56 PM

Nice tutorial - wrinkles are my enemies - on me and my quilts!

quiltingmimipj 09-04-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by rslindiana
Nice tutorial - wrinkles are my enemies - on me and my quilts!

That's a good one.

CAS49OR 09-04-2011 05:27 PM

Thanks for the tute! I had issues when laying everything on the floor and preventing wrinkles and creases. I didn't know about basting spray. I assume that washes out?

rob529 09-04-2011 09:31 PM

With lifting the layers up in small sections then spraying, does that cut down on overspray? The fear of overspray on everything stops me from using spray. I got that mess all over a microwave from overspray and couldn't get it off. Do you have glue on the whole layer or just around the edges?

Robin in TX

carolaug 09-05-2011 02:36 AM

I hae used several different spray bast types and I find 505 is the best. You only need to spray lightly, I never had any issues with it smelling as I have with others. My floor is not sticky once done as that has been a problem when I used the June Taylor. I don't put done newspapers and its fine. You only need a small amount...do not use the whole can on a quilt. I just did three quilt with mine one can.

Originally Posted by rob529
With lifting the layers up in small sections then spraying, does that cut down on overspray? The fear of overspray on everything stops me from using spray. I got that mess all over a microwave from overspray and couldn't get it off. Do you have glue on the whole layer or just around the edges?

Robin in TX

rob529 09-05-2011 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I hae used several different spray bast types and I find 505 is the best. You only need to spray lightly, I never had any issues with it smelling as I have with others. My floor is not sticky once done as that has been a problem when I used the June Taylor. I don't put done newspapers and its fine. You only need a small amount...do not use the whole can on a quilt. I just did three quilt with mine one can.

Originally Posted by rob529

Robin in TX

Thanks for the info. I have no idea which brand I used. Maybe the product was my problem.
Robin in TX

mirish2 09-05-2011 05:33 AM

I love your blog--What did you use for your ottoman and queensize tumbler blocks? Those are not the same shape as the accucut go die.
colleen