Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   How to make cool ties and helmet coolers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-make-cool-ties-helmet-coolers-t131785.html)

yolanda 06-21-2011 12:58 PM

One last (dumb) question - I have a lot of masculine flannel (animal print etc) .. is that too thick to make these?

mimisharon 06-21-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by yolanda
One last (dumb) question - I have a lot of masculine flannel (animal print etc) .. is that too thick to make these?

I think that would be to heavy and would wear out faster, Yolanda. It's to loose a weave usually, the flannel.

My son is my hero and will soon retire, hopefully. 21 and a half years so far, but he was still going hard at it when I visited last month. He's been in the line of fire to many times since he joined in '88.

IF y'all want to make them and send them to me, just pm and I'll mail them to a unit. I'll give my address in private messages. Thanks for all that you do for our troops.

yolanda 06-21-2011 03:29 PM

Thanks. I will stick to cotton. I am going to send to my friends sons (Kilo Company) or my boyfriends sons unit.

And thanks to your hero (and his mom!) for his years of service :-)

Originally Posted by mimisharon

Originally Posted by yolanda

I think that would be to heavy and would wear out faster, Yolanda. It's to loose a weave usually, the flannel.

My son is my hero and will soon retire, hopefully. 21 and a half years so far, but he was still going hard at it when I visited last month. He's been in the line of fire to many times since he joined in '88.

IF y'all want to make them and send them to me, just pm and I'll mail them to a unit. I'll give my address in private messages. Thanks for all that you do for our troops.

mimisharon 06-21-2011 03:49 PM

Yolanda, if you need help with them for any unit, just let me know. I do thousands.

fran624 06-21-2011 04:07 PM

I have a question are these crystals the ones they put in potted plants in the soil to hold water?? Looked in walmart today could not find them Thanks

fran624 06-21-2011 04:07 PM

I have a question are these crystals the ones they put in potted plants in the soil to hold water?? Looked in walmart today could not find them Thanks

sorry hit send twice

yolanda 06-21-2011 04:15 PM

I would LOVE some help. Thousands? Wow - that is amazing!! Shall I send you fabric or supplies?

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Yolanda, if you need help with them for any unit, just let me know. I do thousands.

mimisharon 06-21-2011 04:15 PM

Hi Fran, yes, they are the same. I get mine from Lowes when I'm running short on the big orders we get. It's called Soil Moist and it's in the outdoor garden center. Not that I buy that much........ :lol: :lol:

yolanda 06-21-2011 04:16 PM

One more question regarding the fabric; I have a lot of left over denim from rag quilts I used to make for dialyses patients. Would demin also be too heavy?

mimisharon 06-21-2011 04:17 PM

Tell me how many you are making or want me to make. I've got some fabric here. I know how it is when you work AND try to do things like this. I've done them a long time and I have helpers that will turn them for me. ;)