Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   How to make cool ties and helmet coolers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-make-cool-ties-helmet-coolers-t131785.html)

mimisharon 06-21-2011 04:19 PM

Yes, it would. But the denim makes wonderful cot covers to go under or over their sleeping bags. No need for batting either, just stitch big blocks and back it with your manly flannel. Those kids love them. Can't tell you how many I've made and sent, never got one of them returned either. :lol: :lol:

Furza Flyin 06-21-2011 04:20 PM

FYI for the kisses:

Old 45's (records) are exactly 7 inches! I use these to make circles all the time for different projects.

Please remember the cloth and thread must be 100% cotton. Any other blends could cause extensive burns if the fabric catches on fire because the other contents in the fabric melt.

Hugs! Elizabeth

mimisharon 06-21-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
FYI for the kisses:

Old 45's (records) are exactly 7 inches! I use these to make circles all the time for different projects.

Please remember the cloth and thread must be 100% cotton. Any other blends could cause extensive burns if the fabric catches on fire because the other contents in the fabric melt.

Hugs! Elizabeth

Knew I should have kept my old 45s. Younger sisters got them when I left home.

LoriJ 06-21-2011 05:01 PM

I just finished about 60 of these and mailed them off to my son for his unit in Iraq. Doesn't take much time at all.

ButtermilkMama 06-21-2011 05:38 PM

Thank You!! I'll take it to my quilting group.

penski 06-21-2011 06:08 PM

thank you, so we can thank them by providing them with something that might make there job a bit easier
it is the least we can do for them

yolanda 06-22-2011 04:53 AM

You and your helpers the best! I would like to make 40 for Kilo Company and for the other I am not sure yet as I don't know where these Rangers are except in Afgahanastian - maybe 10-15 that I can fit into a priority mail box along with some other goodiles?

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Tell me how many you are making or want me to make. I've got some fabric here. I know how it is when you work AND try to do things like this. I've done them a long time and I have helpers that will turn them for me. ;)

yolanda 06-22-2011 04:54 AM

wow! sounds like a lot. good work mom!

Originally Posted by LoriJ
I just finished about 60 of these and mailed them off to my son for his unit in Iraq. Doesn't take much time at all.

betsymjeff 06-22-2011 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by helou
Super
Thanks a lot! I bought one that I wear around my neck when I go on a long bike ride (cycling)I have such a hard time coping with hot weather and that is wonderful. Now, I'll try to make some WOW

Do you think the kiss would work in a motorcycle helmet?

mimisharon 06-22-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by betsymjeff

Originally Posted by helou
Super
Thanks a lot! I bought one that I wear around my neck when I go on a long bike ride (cycling)I have such a hard time coping with hot weather and that is wonderful. Now, I'll try to make some WOW

Do you think the kiss would work in a motorcycle helmet?

Yes, it does. I have Moms that ride motorcycles and they have both the kisses and the neck coolers.