Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   I need a guinea pig (or a proof reader) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/i-need-guinea-pig-proof-reader-t102422.html)

GailG 02-25-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by marsspyder
I really like optical illusion quilts, and I want to try my hand at making one. However, I travel for work, and can only bring hand piecing stuff with me.

I put together a tutorial for how to strip piece one of these quilts and need someone to tell me if there are any errors

This is my first try at adding a photo or link, so bear with me :)

If anyone tries this, could they post a picture?

Thanks

Errors!!!??? That thing won't stop moving long enough for me to see if there ARE any errors. Im sure there aren't though. It's gorgeous. I'm glad I didn't have to press all those black and white seams. Whew!!

GailG 02-25-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
Great pattern.

I copied the cutting instructions quickly to Excel and boxed each line of the cutting instructions. It made it easier for me to follow. I also added a check box to keep track of where I was. You can copy and paste the chart back into Word.

Rough idea using the keyboard. Excel is much more clear.

What!!????

:shock: :roll: :?: I'm only kidding. I just don't have the slightest clue what it's all about. I'll just stay safe in my own little "innocent" world.

marciacp 02-25-2011 08:12 AM

Great pattern.

I copied the cutting instructions quickly to Excel and boxed each line of the cutting instructions. It made it easier for me to follow. I also added a check box to keep track of where I was. You can copy and paste the chart back into Word.

Rough idea using the keyboard. Excel is much more clear.

I'm just curious how you did that. Could you post a link
with it in excel?

thrums 02-25-2011 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I realize now for some that may look like some type of mathematical equation. I have recreated page 1. See attached Word document.

My suggest is not a criticism of your text. I have visual issues and need to have lines to help follow the text.

For those of you who are not familiar with Word, look at the document under File/Print/Preview to get the effect.

If you use Copy from Excel, open Word and use Paste Special into Word you can double click on the chart and you will be able to edit the chart with Excel functions. When you save your edits only the Word file will be updated.

Paste Link into Word will change both the Excel file and the Word file as you edit. But that's another lesson.

Let me know if this works for you.

P.S. I hate working with Word tables as Excel is so much quicker for me. :roll:

Word .doc file
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137123[/ATTACH]

marsspyder 02-25-2011 08:35 AM

I realize now for some that may look like some type of mathematical equation. I have recreated page 1. See attached Word document.

My suggest is not a criticism of your text. I have visual issues and need to have lines to help follow the text.

For those of you who are not familiar with Word, look at the document under File/Print/Preview to get the effect.

It does make sense that way, and I should have done them in a table format (and I use excel extensively at work) so I don't know why I didn't try that. Thanks!

thrums 02-25-2011 08:48 AM

As the population ages there will be an increase in people with visual disabilities. I'm hoping publishing houses begin to realize this as the print is getting smaller and harder to read each year. I've given up reading pill bottles and look for the information online. ;)

Farm Quilter 02-25-2011 10:25 AM

I'll be making this one soon! It's so cool! I have been collecting pictures of optical illusions to turn into quilts, just didn't know how! Thank you. I'll report back and send pictures.

tincan 02-25-2011 11:49 AM

Great job. Hard on my poor eyes but love it.

Sadiemae 02-25-2011 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by marsspyder
Revised tutorial including yardage and a PDF file are below!

Aaannnnd I forgot the size, again-the finished pieced top would be 66 x 66 not including borders.

Thanks so much, I want to make this quilt. I love the optical illusion. I made one, but it was not big as yours.
I tried it in wordpad and just got jibberish(sp), so I appreciate the pdf.

janb 02-25-2011 01:24 PM

Good for you, but makes me dizzy...