Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Instructions for a Crayola Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/instructions-crayola-quilt-t179164.html)

SunlitenSmiles 02-13-2012 07:45 AM

Wow !!!!! loving it more today, even than yesterday......have to try this THANK YOU again.

lynnegreen 02-13-2012 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4970982)
Thank you for the tutorial. I think I will try this method for my next quilt label.

.....oh oh oh I love that idea!

jillnjo 02-13-2012 09:59 AM

Thanks for your effort to give me and everyone the info about your quilt!! I am bookmarking it! jillnjo.

sassy granny 02-13-2012 10:19 AM

That is beautiful. What kind of crayons did you use ? I have done a couple of baby quilts using crayons that are very cute. One hasn't been washed, so don't know how the crayons will hold up. The other one is done with fabric crayons that are supposed to be permanent but I didn't really like them. The colors were not as pretty and bright as regular crayons. I know a lot of crayola crayons are washable now and won't stay in but what about the old time crayons, if you can still get them? Just curious.

sassy granny

Caroline S 02-13-2012 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by sassy granny (Post 4971646)
That is beautiful. What kind of crayons did you use ? I have done a couple of baby quilts using crayons that are very cute. One hasn't been washed, so don't know how the crayons will hold up. The other one is done with fabric crayons that are supposed to be permanent but I didn't really like them. The colors were not as pretty and bright as regular crayons. I know a lot of crayola crayons are washable now and won't stay in but what about the old time crayons, if you can still get them? Just curious.

sassy granny

As I remember reading somewhere, you need to use the original Crayola Crayons, not the washable kind. The originals apparently have more pigment in them. I am going shopping this morning and look for the BIG box of Crayola Crayons with all of the colors.

BuzzinBumble 02-13-2012 10:38 AM

Oh Janice! I am Thrilled, Thrilled, Thrilled that you posted this and showed us how you did it! I adored your blocks and this is just so great of you to clue us in on the process! Thanks!

Jingle 02-13-2012 11:04 AM

You are very talented, looks like the orginal. I can't draw anything.

JaniceP 02-13-2012 11:28 AM

[QUOTE=sassy granny;4971646]That is beautiful. What kind of crayons did you use ? I have done a couple of baby quilts using crayons that are very cute. One hasn't been washed, so don't know how the crayons will hold up. The other one is done with fabric crayons that are supposed to be permanent but I didn't really like them. The colors were not as pretty and bright as regular crayons. I know a lot of crayola crayons are washable now and won't stay in but what about the old time crayons, if you can still get them? Just curious.

Yes you can still get regular Crayola's and please use the (name brand) Crayola Crayons. They give such a pretty effect. I have never tried fabric crayons, and after completing the first 3 squares I'm happy with the way the regular ones blend.

barny 02-13-2012 11:33 AM

You are very, very talented. Your birds are really pretty.

adrianlee 02-13-2012 01:29 PM

Thank-you for the tut. My sister used an off brand embroidery thread to finish one of her embroidered quilt block. The red in the off brand bleed into the background making a mess. She only buys DMC now.