Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Joseph's Coat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/josephs-coat-t226991.html)

karenfae 08-04-2013 05:12 AM

no I don't mind you posting the link and I am still a member I just rarely get on here it seems - I'm too busy quilting LOL
thanks for all the interest in this quilt

karenfae 08-04-2013 05:13 AM

beautiful colors!! love it

Rosyhf 08-04-2013 04:06 PM

Joseph's Coat of many Colors

2 Attachment(s)
I cut petals for hours last night and backgrounds this morning. I think I cut 150 petals. It seems that you sew this quilt as you go lol.

I made four block across. Now the second row, as you can see is totally different. You have to keep the circles going so half blocks are used also.

I make a center block only, put it on the board and then I can see what has to be added. I up loaded two blocks where you can see both ways you can do them. For instance, you can add the petals outside in the second block or add them in the third row. Here in the second row, the row begins with a half block, and three whole blocks, so far two are up .

I am going to finish all the blocks (16), put them on the board and then I will sew them together.

Rosyhf 08-04-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 6209342)
another question.......I did print out some of the tutorial........I could not get it to print the pics....just the words.....why?????

Geri, copy and paste the instruction into a word program, right click on the images and copy those separately and paste them into the work program.

Rosyhf 08-04-2013 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Barb Trost (Post 6214029)
ok, found pattern above but it doesn't print out in full. Where are the no scaling found, checked everywhere, could it be called something else? Barb

Barb, click on the pdf, it will come up in your adobe reader. Click on file and then print. On that print page are little boxes with different things listed and one of them will say, custom scale or page scaling...uncheck that box if it is checked. There are only two pages in the file.

Rosyhf 08-06-2013 01:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have finished four blocks across and four down. I have left the separation between the blocks and the rows so you can see the parts.

I sewed three petals and three backgrounds for 1/2 of the block and then the other, then I sewed these two halves together. First I pinned the center and long stitched it and if it matched, then I would sew the entire seam with the usual stitch length.

First I made four complete bocks, row 1. Then I made only the center blocks for row two, except one block, where I forgot and put the bottom petals one but that works out for the third row, where I will omit the petals for that join.

The sides are half blocks. Since I was feeling my way with this quilt my pieces parts are all different lol. So if I were to make this quilt again. I would do the four complete block for row one. The center blocks for row 2 and the complete blocks for row 3 and again the center blocks for row 4. Then all you need are the half blocks for the sides.

I will now join the block and then the rows. I hope this helps anyone who wants to do this quilt. I wasn't going to spend much time on it but then I decided to work overtime (without pay lol) and finish it as I really love it. I might add more blocks as I see I still have some petal left, don't know yet.

Rosyhf 08-07-2013 05:28 PM

Joseph's Coat of many Colors

1 Attachment(s)
Quilt top all done.

JuanitaBean 08-07-2013 08:19 PM

Great Job. Love it

twinkie 08-08-2013 03:06 AM

That is beautiful. Hope to try it soon.

Pinkiris 08-08-2013 11:13 AM

Rosy, you did a wonderful job on this quilt and this tutorial! Does your new beautiful quilt have a home?