Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Mysi's Mystery... Clue#5.. final one everybody!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/mysis-mystery-clue-5-final-one-everybody-t93959.html)

judy363905 02-08-2011 02:31 PM

Thank you.... It should not be a large project to quilt this wall hanging and get her put up. Thanks again

judy

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter

Originally Posted by judy363905
Hi All,

I finished my wall hanging this afternoon. I plan to hang this one in my sewing studio...It will be the first. Thank You Missy for guiding us throught this project it was fun.
Sincerely, Judy

That is one STUNNING wall hanging. Well done and you can be very proud of it being displayed on your wall. :thumbup:

hlponyfarm 03-16-2011 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished my wallhanging. this is my very first project that I have finished. I put tabs on the back to hold a dowel to hang it. I did the binding through you tube tutorials and I dont mind telling you that it took me 4 hours to do it. I just couldnt seem to get the correct sides together. I kept sewing the wrong pieces together and had to rip it out over and over again. sigh. I refused to give up. figured If I had to rip it out enough times then I will learn it that way. I am happy with the outcome. I made a charm lap quilt and it need to be binded. I figured I had better practice on my wall hanging first. Here is a pic. I had to hang it with tacs as I dont have a dowel yet.

finished wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170780[/ATTACH]

Cuddly Quilter 03-16-2011 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
I finally finished my wallhanging. this is my very first project that I have finished. I put tabs on the back to hold a dowel to hang it. I did the binding through you tube tutorials and I dont mind telling you that it took me 4 hours to do it. I just couldnt seem to get the correct sides together. I kept sewing the wrong pieces together and had to rip it out over and over again. sigh. I refused to give up. figured If I had to rip it out enough times then I will learn it that way. I am happy with the outcome. I made a charm lap quilt and it need to be binded. I figured I had better practice on my wall hanging first. Here is a pic. I had to hang it with tacs as I dont have a dowel yet.

FANTASTIC JOB and so glad you persevered. Well worth it in the end as the fabrics you chose do it justice. Lovely

marymc 03-17-2011 02:51 AM

Very pretty. I have let my twin size project sit for some time now. 1 more month of extra long work hours and then i can get back to sewing. Right now I am struggling to get the 2 BOMs completed each month. Your wall hanging has encouraged me to get back at mine!

Sadiemae 03-17-2011 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm

Congratulations and it turned out beautifully!