Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   QAYG No hand sewing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/qayg-no-hand-sewing-t36303.html)

omak 02-11-2010 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Wow! You made it so easy! Good tute, k. Grumbling about bucket list..........

:-D :-D :-D ;-)

Moncia 02-11-2010 12:29 PM

Perfect, thanks!

Wings 02-11-2010 01:33 PM

Thanks for the detailed tutorial, great photos, great instructions!!

sarahelloyd 02-11-2010 05:03 PM

thanks so much for the tute, i have been trying to find out the best way of doing this for ages.

sew cornie 02-16-2010 09:56 AM

what an awesome tute! I have fabrics in waiting but have been intimidated by the idea of QAYG. Your pictures and descriptions are fabulous and make it look like a great project to do. Thanks so much!

sunflower126 02-17-2010 05:26 AM

That was great. You made it look so easy. I'll have to put this project on my to-do list for this year. Wish me luck. Will post pics if I ever get it done.

Gerbie 02-19-2010 12:01 AM

I made a reversible quilt queen size for my son this past Christmas, using black and whites on one side with blue and whites on the other side. I used the same method, but I used whole pieces instead of strips, for my blocks. Several ladies in my quilting group use the reversible method for making quilts, they use strips and triangles for theirs, we all use sashings on both sides. We use two pieces of sashing and sew them together on each side with one side wider and folded to fold over the two blocks, I machine quilt and machine sew my blocks and sashing, I hate to sew by hand. They sew their blocks together by machine, but hand sew one of the sashing pieces. I will check with the lady who taught us the method for the address and name of the book, that she has if you are interested. I am not on this site every day but will check it in case you want the information about the book.

sunflower126 02-19-2010 04:38 AM

If you could find out the name of the book that would be most helpful. I'm confused when reading your description-not that you wrote a bad description, I'm just not that familiar with QAYG technique. I made placemats with the technique many years ago. Of course they didn't require sashing strips. Just a binding around the edges. I avoid hand sewing unless absolutely necessary. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

ByThePiece 02-20-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks everyone! I was worried and you are all very kind and reassuring! :-D

You are so sweet to go to all this trouble for all of us. I had seen lap-quilting tutorials in the past but it seemed like it would be so hard to join the blocks when they were finished. You made it simple with the black strips and that made it look like stained glass. Thank you so much!

k3n 02-22-2010 09:48 AM

You're all so welcome! It's no trouble at all, I've had so much help and inspiration from this board it's nice to have the chance to give a little back.