Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   QAYG No hand sewing! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/qayg-no-hand-sewing-t36303.html)

k3n 02-28-2010 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq
This is the best pictorial tutorial I have ever seen. I bought a book several years ago in order to do this....your pictures are so much clearer. Wish I had know about this sooner.....LOL! You have done a lot of us a great service....Thank You!!!

Oh my! :oops: Thank you so much! :-D

wendiq 02-28-2010 08:53 AM

I have a drawer full of string blocks that I have made over the years. I just need to put them together. I printed a picture of the stitches you used to add "flavor" to each block.....guess that's my next "to do" project. Between you and K, I think I am finally getting inspired to get some of these together....... :D

Gal 03-18-2010 11:07 AM

Wow, I have just read through this complete thread, What a fantastic tutorial, I have always wondered about how strong this method might be, I have no problems on that score now!
Fantastic instructions and pics, I am definately going to use this method and make the pin cushion as well! As i am new to quilting I am looking at ways in which to go with simple but effective designs, this is just perfect! Thankyou for taking the time and trouble t0 explain all this, I am definately sold on it because I use lots of scraps and off cuts to make my quilts.

Many thanks from a happy scrap quilter!!

Gal

Carol W 04-09-2010 02:53 PM

Great tute!!

wichypoo 04-13-2010 04:02 PM

My first quilt was a QAYG and I sure wish I had seen your tutorial , it would have saved me alot of tear. Thanks for
giving you time to do this for us.
:thumbup: Karen

Happy Tails 04-14-2010 04:13 AM

31. Then bind the quilt in the usual way ! I used the same black as the sashing to create a stained glass window effect.

That's it! Hope it was OK and that if you give it a try, you'll show your pics.

OMG I believe you are my saviour!!!!!!! I am going back to my baby quilt that I tried to "fun and done" (the mess at all the seams) and cut them off and try this method. I will let you know how I made out and post pictures. OMG I am so excited, I'll probably never meet any of you people, but you will never know how happy I am to belong to this site. Since nobody I know here quilts, sometimes it's so lonely with my love of quilting, LOL that's a whole other story. Thank you so much!!! Wendy

k3n 04-14-2010 04:20 AM

Wendy you are so welcome! I hope it works out for you and look forward to seeing your pics!

Thanks everyone for the appreciative remarks.

Kitsie 04-26-2010 09:24 PM

Even though you've used your method doing a string quilt I'm glad you also showed the crazy quilt. What a great way that would be to do a sampler as you are learning different blocks! You could just keep the ones you really like (or did well enough to satisfy you!)

Very good tute - I join the other q's in congratulating you. Thank you!

k3n 04-26-2010 11:03 PM

Thanks Kitsie - when I get a chance, between other projects (!), I want to have a play with different blocks using this method - and making them into a sampler is a great idea!

SewExtremeSeams 04-28-2010 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nursesews
Thank you so much for the tute, you did an excellent job. Your instructions were clear, concise and easy to follow :thumbup: On my list now :D Your quilt is striking as well :thumbup:

Yes, I agree completely. Great job of clearly explaining what you mean. I think I will give it a go! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: