Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhondas Bear's Paw Class - Quilt Block Lesson (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-bears-paw-class-quilt-block-lesson-t77412.html)

Rhonda 06-26-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
I know, you did this tut last Nov. But I saw the cutes little berry basket pattern and the berry's are really a bears paw, so had to come back to do the size we did for the check book. It might take a little bit of time because there are 4 baskets to do, and I have a bunch or other things I'm working on as well. But I sure am glad you had put this here, and that I did the checkbook cover when you did. Thanks Rhonda.

I want to see it when you get it done!

klgreene 06-26-2011 07:05 PM

Sure will. I just hope the cat leaves all these little pieces alone cause I'm ready for bed.

Rhonda 06-26-2011 07:14 PM

Sure will. I just hope the cat leaves all these little pieces alone cause I'm ready for bed.

When I want to leave something laid out but don't want anything to happen to it I lay out my pattern on a sheet of copy paper and then lay another on top and staple around the edges. It will make a packet that can't lose your pieces. I started this because of my GDs. Now I can lay them aside and they won't get out of place.

Rose_P 06-26-2011 07:23 PM

Thanks, Rhonda. I love minis and have never made bear pays. It's on the list of inspirations now.

I, too, have made lots of hst's with the bias edges with no trouble, but I do use quite a bit of starch before I cut.

Rhonda 06-26-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
Thanks, Rhonda. I love minis and have never made bear pays. It's on the list of inspirations now.

I, too, have made lots of hst's with the bias edges with no trouble, but I do use quite a bit of starch before I cut.

I don't do large quilts so I have never had a problem with bias. But when I experimented with a 4" Boston Block I still didn't have a problem and I didnt' use any sizing. I guess I just never pay any attention to it.

klgreene 06-28-2011 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here it is. A couple claws a tiny bit off. I had the blue fabrics, and I had just gotten this little weave fabric, it wasn't for this, but I thought it would look really cute as the basket fabric. Now I have one more quilt I have to put sashing on.....then I have to quilt all that I've done. About 12 things to quilt. I'm a glutten for punishment. But I love it.

The basket squares are 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", total is 14"X14". I got the design from the internet, made it smaller and used Rhonda's cut down method for the Bear Paws.

Beary Basket by Debbie Caffrey
[ATTACH=CONFIG]218179[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 06-28-2011 01:23 PM

Ok, here it is. A couple claws a tiny bit off. I had the blue fabrics, and I had just gotten this little weave fabric, it wasn't for this, but I thought it would look really cute as the basket fabric. Now I have one more quilt I have to put sashing on.....then I have to quilt all that I've done. About 12 things to quilt. I'm a glutten for punishment. But I love it.

The basket squares are 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", total is 14"X14". I got the design from the internet, made it smaller and used Rhonda's cut down method for the Bear Paws.

That is really cute Katie! I love the look of it. That basket weave is just right for the baskets.

jayelee 06-28-2011 01:51 PM

I love it How adorable You did a nice job

klgreene 06-28-2011 01:58 PM

Thanks, it was fun.

sawsan 07-04-2011 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at my first mini quilt lol. I mean block.
It's 5 inches altogether with some scew :-( as i see
i have a picture in mind to do a quilt from minies