Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-electric-quilt-class-week-1-introduction-t166726.html)

ann clare 11-07-2011 07:31 AM

Thank you, Rhonda

bonnyh 11-07-2011 08:04 AM

I sent you a PM that I couldn't get my block that had color to appear in the 'set' window. Nevermind. After I closed the program and reopened it, I got the colored one. I have no idea why, but will play with it. Thanks so much for the class. Looking forward to the next one.

BonniFeltz 11-07-2011 08:13 AM

Thanks Rhonda. It really helps to have the colored pictures on it to follow along.

Rhonda 11-07-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 4646117)
Help! I have my HST colored, click on save in sketchbook button. It saves the block, but not the colors. Then when I click to place on quilt I have no colors! What am I doing wrong?

when you save to the sketchbook it will save it colorless. all you need to do is look for the arrows underneath that window. Click on the right arrow and it will show you the next block. It will be the colored one you saved. It saves several something like 5 in the same place. You just use the arrow to see all of them in that stack.

Rhonda 11-07-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by bonnyh (Post 4646663)
I sent you a PM that I couldn't get my block that had color to appear in the 'set' window. Nevermind. After I closed the program and reopened it, I got the colored one. I have no idea why, but will play with it. Thanks so much for the class. Looking forward to the next one.

The sketchbook saves several blocks in one stack. After it saves the frame it then saves the colored ones. So you can always go back and choose to edit the one without color if you want to. Later on when we get into more complicated designs this will be important to remember.

Rhonda 11-07-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama (Post 4645565)
Hi Rhonda. I have asked Santa for EQ7 for Christmas. Will you be around for awhile? I'll try to keep following you here but I sure wish I had it now so that I can play as we go along.

When you get your EQ7 you will be ahead of the game and able to dive in and feel comfortable using it. You can print off these classes and then you will have them to follow.

klgreene 11-07-2011 08:31 AM

Thanks Rhonda, I'll keep practicing until I get this part down really really good. And not try to do more until the next lesson.

Emma S 11-07-2011 08:33 AM

Great tut! Things like getting the color to come across on the block is exactly the kind of problem I have, so I have already learned something. I can hardly wait for next week. Thank you for your time and your knowhow.

Rhonda 11-07-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by stitchengramie (Post 4644956)
Thanks Rhonda! Are you going to show us how to use the second pencil function. How about the function with the wand that changes the colors of the fabric. I know this is more advance but I was just wondering. There is so much I would like to learn about EQ6 so that I can make use of it.

Yes we will cover as much of it as I know how to do and I will be going through the manuals and seeing what more I can learn to pass along. Anything I don't know we will just have to experiment til we understand it!!

Right now I know I will be covering the rest of the functions on the tools and how to scan fabric / how to look for blocks and add to them. How to add fabric from the manufacturers. Basically how to use the sketchbook and libraries.
I will show how to design using my shortcuts and how to put them into quilts. We will explore alot of stuff that will help you make quilts.

lovelyl 11-07-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 4646772)
when you save to the sketchbook it will save it colorless. all you need to do is look for the arrows underneath that window. Click on the right arrow and it will show you the next block. It will be the colored one you saved. It saves several something like 5 in the same place. You just use the arrow to see all of them in that stack.

Thanks! I now have COLOR!!!!
:D