Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-electric-quilt-class-week-1-introduction-t166726.html)

MoodyKim 11-07-2011 08:39 AM

I love this EQ Class!!!

Rhonda, Thank you so much! I am enjoying playing with my new blocks in EQ6. This is so fun and easy to understand. wish I could be here at the right time but life is calling!!!!

Rhonda 11-07-2011 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 4646850)
Thanks! I now have COLOR!!!!
:D

Great! Another thing the sketchbook does is to save your colors automatically. When you are changing colors in your quilt it will save the differant colored blocks into your sketchbook automatically so if you need to change something back you can look for that color combination in the Block section in your sketchbook and you can click on that specific block to replace the one in your quilt. this is really nice if you play with a lot of differant color combos in your quilt and want to go back to one you did several changes ago. You don't have to change each and every little spot just change the block. Now when you get as many differant one in your Block section like I do it can be a challenge to find that one block among the crowd but I just click on where I think it is and go left til I have seen all the blocks in that stack and then go to the next stack and keep looking til I find it.

d.swindle 11-07-2011 08:53 AM

thank you so much,now I have hope,you were so easy to follow.
I have had my EQ5 ever since it came out.
d.swindle

ceannastahr 11-07-2011 09:52 AM

I have had my EQ5 for quite awhile I have a few of the basics down but looking forward to learning more with the rest of you. Sure makes figuring this out more fun Thanks so much Rhonda

verna2197 11-07-2011 10:19 AM

Please could someone please tell me what is the correct format to put into the box when it ask you to name your project. This is the box that comes up when you first open EQ5. I put several things in there and it kept telling me invalid filename. I really really need someone to answer this for me.

lovelyl 11-07-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 4647441)
Please could someone please tell me what is the correct format to put into the box when it ask you to name your project. This is the box that comes up when you first open EQ5. I put several things in there and it kept telling me invalid filename. I really really need someone to answer this for me.

Make sure you are not using any periods or slash marks in your project name. Try just a simple one word name and see if it will work for you.

bluesnowdoe 11-07-2011 10:35 AM

Thanks Rhonda I enjoyed your class

moonwork42029 11-07-2011 10:40 AM

Thanks so much for preparing this. I'm hoping by replying to this I can find it again so I can bookmark it.

missgigglewings 11-07-2011 10:47 AM

I have EQ5 and have not done much with it! I am going to play along with you and see what happens! Thanks Rhonda!

Suzy 11-07-2011 11:29 AM

Rhonda

Thank you for your time and expertise in the tutorial on EQ 5,6,and 7. I just might get it yet. Can't wait til the next tut. Are they going to be weekly? Again, aBig Thank You for your time and knowledge. I have problems with vista and my embroidery software, also lost my internal DVD drive to vista. Today some of the tools I needed wouldn' stay on the screen, had to keep going back to get them. Hope it will work, when I use it again.

suzy