Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rocky Road to Kansas Crazy Patch Mini Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rocky-road-kansas-crazy-patch-mini-tutorial-t114844.html)

n2scraplvr 04-11-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Eileen
Thanks for the tute. It looks amazing. I also like the block with the white cross in the center, makes the scrappy stand out. Some day I'll have to try this. This year I need to finish all my UFO's. I'll have to bookmark this so I don't forget.

Your welcome, Eileen!! You are so right -- the center cross really makes it stand out so can't wait to HQ it for it to even pop more!! Sure hope you can get a handle on all those UFO's so you can try my method! Now to decide which border it will be....hmmm ;) ;) ;) 8-) :-D :-D

kclausing 04-11-2011 09:30 AM

excellent tut! Thanks.

n2scraplvr 04-11-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by kclausing
excellent tut! Thanks.

Thank you sooo much, kclausing! Love that avatar!

;) ;) ;) :D

n2scraplvr 04-11-2011 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The border has been decided on and here it is! Now tomorrow we do the BBB (backing, batting, binding) and HQ! :D :D

GrandmK 04-12-2011 05:54 AM

How big is your finished product!!

n2scraplvr 04-12-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmK
How big is your finished product!!

Right now it measures 22-1/2 x 23 but I may not be done with it yet.....hmmm....now I'm thinking about cutting it in half....the border that is!! haha. I'm beginning to like the idea of 1/2 the border being removed. It would create an entirely different look! Thank you so much, GrandmK! It's so much fun playing with borders!

:? :roll: :roll: :roll:

oksewglad 04-12-2011 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi n2, Just caught your thread here. Are you sure you want to cut the borders in 1/2? I just copied and pasted the quilt pic into Publisher and cropped about half the borders off. Here's a pdf of my results. (Hope it comes up) What do you think, now? G

n2scraplvr 04-12-2011 05:26 PM

Hi oksewglad! Thank you for doing that! I haven't seen it yet, but just got done taking a pic with 1/2 the border covered with muslin and I love it. It takes the focus off the center with the border too wide. It's 3" now and 2" would suffice. I have never downloaded any pdf software yet so can't see the file, don't want Adobe, and tried dlding 2 others and they weren't free like they said. Will try a few others so I can see your pic! Will also go resize my pic and download for you to see what you think. Be back in a min. n2

oksewglad 04-12-2011 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here this might work too

n2scraplvr 04-12-2011 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That looks so nice, G! Anyway, all these tool bars got loaded and what a time I'm having! lol. Got the pic done and will post for you to tell me what you think. Thanks so much! Will delete the pic after your feedback!