Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   String Piecing on adding machine paper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/string-piecing-adding-machine-paper-t56940.html)

sgardner 03-03-2013 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Noiseynana (Post 5900266)
Great idea but doesn't sewing thru paper dull the needle?

Not any more than paper piecing does. Frankly, I don't notice a difference of the needle dulling any faster when I PP verses regular sewing.

Pepita 03-05-2013 10:54 PM

My quilt guild is saving small pieces to stuff dog beds for shelters. One of the quilts I am working on has a braid that I seem to be allowing it to get out of hand. I have tried the disappearing 9 patch with it as well. After getting into applique, it seems to be about lots of scraps and I have gotten worse about not throwing anything away! I must find a happy medium!

NOELLA 03-28-2013 06:36 AM

Love the idea, I guess i'll have to start stripping on the machine tape I have . got it when I worked at a bank adding machine tape was no longer needed so I was given some. ( that was years ago) turned yellow but that dosn.t matter
always hae little scraps don't know what to do with guess I know now, will start soon.

Teddybear Lady 03-28-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by NOELLA (Post 5960161)
Love the idea, I guess i'll have to start stripping on the machine tape I have . got it when I worked at a bank adding machine tape was no longer needed so I was given some. ( that was years ago) turned yellow but that dosn.t matter
always hae little scraps don't know what to do with guess I know now, will start soon.

I think the "older" paper is easier to tear off. I have some old stationary from a business that a friend gave me that I use. It's just "brittle" enough to tear off real easy.

Happy Easter to you too!
Debbie

calla 03-30-2013 06:11 PM

I need to try this....thanks.........calla

Sue Fish 04-10-2013 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by calla (Post 5966469)
I need to try this....thanks.........calla

I hope people will post pics of projects made with this method

omacookie 04-11-2013 05:19 PM

I do this all the time. It is great for when you have a few minutes to sew and many scraps. Then when you need it There it is ready to use. Tadah ! Hugs

Sue Fish 05-13-2013 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by omacookie (Post 5994546)
I do this all the time. It is great for when you have a few minutes to sew and many scraps. Then when you need it There it is ready to use. Tadah ! Hugs

Lol that how I had ended up with miles of it! Little at a time and before you know it ... You have Lots

LadyGem2008 07-12-2013 12:02 PM

This is so cool. Even I could use up my bits and pieces instead of giving them away. Thank you for showing us this one. So very cool!

homecaregiver 07-13-2013 03:59 AM

This is a wonderful tutorial and I copied and pasted & printed it off. I have lots of scraps that I can use and a supply of the paper rolls. Off to sew. Thanks for sharing your tute with us.
Pat