Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quilted Recliner Slipcover Tutorial

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaSt View Post
    I'm going to try to do a PDF and post it for download. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, you can Bookmark each of the posts for future reference. Above the post, toward the right, is a button called Thread Tools. It has a drop down list and one of the choices is to Subscribe to this Thread. Choose that, then the next page has two drop down boxes...the second one has two options...either Subscribe or Bookmark. Choose Bookmark then be sure to click the blue button to the right to save that choice. Your Bookmarks are available on your Profile page.

Anita
    I did exactly as you said in this post, but I still can't get this to my bookmarked items. I have not been able to bookmarl anything since the new layout. I would really appreciate any help that I can get. I really did do exactly as you wrote, but it dies not show up in my bookmarked items that I had saved before the format change.

You can keep posting tutorials as far as I'm concerned!!!! What a GREAT step-by-step tutorial! Thank-you so much I have this bookmarked for future reference!
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Thank you so much for taking the time to do the tutorial. I know that we all appreciate your efforts.

Thank you so much, great for grubby men lol.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

Blog Entries
    Great job on the tutorial, and the chair cover too! Lots of work goes into writing a good tute, and you've done a fine job of it!
    Wendy

Thank you SO much! This is amazing....YOU are amazing!!! I really want to make this for my chair.....am struggling with getting meds started for FMS and Arth and everything hurts! But I want this so much that I'll use your wonderful tute for inspiration and motivation. And how wonderful that you did a separate pdf for us!! You are an angel!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
    What a great idea! My recliner is leather - and it's beige like half the stuff in the house. In the summer, it's hot and sticky and in the winter, it's cold and won't warm up. If I make one of these, it solves all the problems with it because I will make it in burgundy red and gold!

I might even add some pockets on the arms to hold the remotes and my sewing stuff!

Thank you - you're very clever and talented - and generous to share your idea, too.
    Polly parrot,
    If you add pockets for remotes etc. make sure the side they are not in is well anchored. I made some and put pockets both sides to try and level weight. Why not put a pincushion on top as well for pins when sewing so you don't ruin the leather.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Great idea!! My husband sits in his leather recliner a lot and keeps an old sheet thrown over it. This will be so much better!! Thank you for posting this.

Blog Entries
    Wow, this is great, am going to have to do this, when I get ambious.

Blog Entries
    thank you sewbee i could sure use this tutorial ,my husband just got a new recliner chair for father,s day
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

This tutorial is ingenious! Thanks for sharing & for all the pics!!
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Blog Entries
    Thank you thank you you have no idea how bad i needed a pattern for that

I don't know which I like better ... the fabulous tutorial or the lovely dachshund that is sitting on the chair. I will be printing this out for future reference. Thanks

Fun!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I think this is GREAT I realy love this cover
    Thanks
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: remove PII

Thank you for the great tutorial. I have 2 microfiber recliners that are very light in color.I think these covers would make them look great!

Quote Originally Posted by AnitaSt View Post
    Because you asked.....here are both parts of the Tutorial combined in a PDF. I have it in a Word doc but couldn't upload it. If you want the Word version, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Anita
    Thank you sooo very much for this.
    - Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
    - I've lost my mind somewhere in the heap of quilting scraps and motherboards.

Thank you so much. I have a friend wanting me to make a cover for his truck seat. This will help me get started.

Super idea!!!!! My is elderly and lives alone. Her favorite chair can use a face lift. Thank for sharing!

Not a pattern, but I have a friend who has these on her recliners for visiting granddogs. I've also seen them on sale for under $20 each.
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/...row-black.html

Thank you so much for the PDF version.

I had saved your picture of the recliner a few years back knowing that I need to make one. (I have 6 grandchildren- (all under 5-1/2 yr) with 2-- more coming in a few weeks) Even though I have a house rule "all eating is at the table" somehow the little munchkins manage to get a drink (bottle or something) on the recliner.

For the last 2 das I have been looking for the web sit I saw it--thinking you would have instructions. I tried this site, but didn't find anything as a topic recliner cover. So this morning I was dead set In finding it.

Thank you so much.
    Last edited by olga10; 07-28-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for this tutorial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2