Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Reversible Quilt As You Go

This would be a great project for when you travel. Make up your blocks ahead of time and take them with you when you go places that you have to wait like the doctors etc.

That is pretty clever! Thanks.

Thank you!

I love this technique-wow! An easy way to do triangles. My question is: How do you sew together into the quilt-can you stitch on backside together? or do you whipstitch the whole thing? Jan

what i do not understand is the putting together of all the different square/triangle sets into a completed quilt? Jan

Blog Entries
    Great tut. Thanks a million for sharing. I will certainly give this one a try.

Blog Entries
    i made a queen size qlt that i had to zig zag together. it lasted a long time.
    (i'd made four patch blocks, reversible and stuffed with sq of batting.)then had to figure how to put them together, hence the zig zag. it worked fine.

This is just wonderful. I am visiting my daughter and her family in Georgia and I've spent all day alone, making these squares. I had a whole bunch of charm squares at 5" that make a nice 6" block when put together. I LOVE batting this way. What fun. On the ride home, I'll just sew all the seams shut. Thank you so much, Ann, for giving us this tutorial.

I've been reading about joining quilted blocks with bias strips and wondered if it would work on this type of quilting

Blog Entries
    thanks for the tutorial

Just finished my first one and loved doing it. Getting the batting in was a bit of a struggle but worth it. I sewed them all together by hand and thought of that bias trim for when I get home from Georgia next week to finish them. Thought I'd also make a nice binding and finish it off with that. Lots of hand sewing but it was relaxing. I'll send a picture when it is finished.

Nolee

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tut!

How about using some of those fancy stitches on your sewing machine to join the blocks together. Bet that would be awesome!

Great tutorial. Thank you very much and thank you for answering all the questions since a few of those addressed some of mine.

I finished my first one according to your directions. It's not the best and I'm giving it to Salvation Army but it sure was fun. It is much easier than I thought but didn't like all the hand-sewing, so have to figure a way around that. Thank you very much for the tutorial. I love learning new techniques.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nolee, Congrats. You did a wonderful job.

Thank you. The next one is going to be all shades I love. probably in gold, red, green and black with a soft beige instead of the white contrasting fabric, very coordinated, and in the same direction you did the one in the tutorial. Never even thought of turning it!!!!

Thanks for the tute.

Nice. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    love it

Quote Originally Posted by Nolee
    I finished my first one according to your directions. It's not the best and I'm giving it to Salvation Army but it sure was fun. It is much easier than I thought but didn't like all the hand-sewing, so have to figure a way around that. Thank you very much for the tutorial. I love learning new techniques.
    I think I will not like the hand sewing as well, but I think I will close it with the sewing machine, making it part of the quilting.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad someone ask the question of how to put the squares together!! LOL I was trying to figure that out myself!! But I don't see how whipstitching by hand would be strong enough to hold up to wear and tear??

Blog Entries
    Any chance of putting in the tutorial area please.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Could one use a decorative stitch to sew them together?

Wow, this is cool. I could never whip stitch all of them together though (my whip stitch pretty lame) and am trying my darnedest to figure away to connect without losing the method or design of the blocks. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
    Wow, this is cool. I could never whip stitch all of them together though (my whip stitch pretty lame) and am trying my darnedest to figure away to connect without losing the method or design of the blocks. Thanks for sharing!
    BUT...I tried a couple of these blocks, 6" square and merely sewed a big 1/4" seem to attach to each other. Looks real nice with the closed (or French seams/hidded seams). A cleaned up rag quilt look. A BIG THANK YOU again for this tutorial!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3