Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
So You Want To Make My Happy Lappy? >

So You Want To Make My Happy Lappy?

So You Want To Make My Happy Lappy?

Old 05-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Banned

Hi n2scrap I love your quilt you made, it is beautiful, and thank you for doing the tut. some day I will try this. you did a great job on the tut. thank you so very much for everything you do. God bless. your good friend. Penny
Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Hi n2scrap I love your quilt you made, it is beautiful, and thank you for doing the tut. some day I will try this. you did a great job on the tut. thank you so very much for everything you do. God bless. your good friend. Penny
Hi Penny! Been thinking about you! Thank you for your nice compliments! The tute is easy to do if you prepare first. lol. We love all the things you do too! May the good Lord bless you and yours!!

:-D :-D
Old 05-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I forgot to ask -- what are dimensions (approximately)?
Yes, in the original post, the dimensions are 64 x 67. Your blocks will all be finished around 3 7/8". Borders finish at 2", 3" and 5". Thank you, sewjoyce, I forgot to mention dimensions. haha.

:D :D
Sewjoyce, I don't know WHAT I was thinking! The correct dimensions of Happy Lappy are 46 x 53! I think I had another quilt's dimensions on my mind! lol.

:oops: Also, if anyone is interested in knowing the outer border blocks are 5" like I stated earlier but failed to mention the length of 15". I'll soon have all the dimensions I needed mentioned! lol. :thumbup:
Old 05-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Google Goddess

awesome, thanks for sharing
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
awesome, thanks for sharing
Your welcome!! :-D :-D
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 PM

BRAVO.BRAVO.. this is stunning. Right now I am on a new latop and haven't got my printer, etc. hooked up as yet. But with your premission, when I get over to my desk tomorroe, I hope to print the entire thing with cvolor, out for something that should be easy for mr.

This was dear of you to donate your time and effort to all of us that have enquiring minds. I am at the age where I can enquire but I normallu forget what I was attempting to do.
bu I am book marking it as I type.

thank you
Old 05-17-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
BRAVO.BRAVO.. this is stunning. Right now I am on a new latop and haven't got my printer, etc. hooked up as yet. But with your premission, when I get over to my desk tomorroe, I hope to print the entire thing with cvolor, out for something that should be easy for mr.

This was dear of you to donate your time and effort to all of us that have enquiring minds. I am at the age where I can enquire but I normallu forget what I was attempting to do.
bu I am book marking it as I type.

thank you
Yes, bookmark it, print it out! It's easy and you'll have stunning results! And the order I did the blocks in holds your interest so you'll finish it quicker!! By putting the easiest blocks up first on the design wall quickly covers your space and keeps you from getting bored, losing interest and keeps you motivated to the point of "I can't wait to finish this!" By the time you get the last set of blocks up, the ones that take the longest to make, they are the most exciting and bring the quilt to life!!! Then it becomes fun to "move things around a bit!" The most fun of the process is playing with the finished blocks!! That's usually the part we all can't wait to get to! Hope you have fun with this one and your very welcome as I enjoyed showing everyone how I did it. You can do it too!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Google Goddess

thanks for the tutorial
Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
thanks for the tutorial
Your welcome, craftybear!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:57 AM

n2scvraplvr,

What a wonderful tutorial! My mental wheels are turning, turning, turning thinking of how I will make this quilt. I love scrappy anything, and this one really shows how to do scrappy and yet has cohesion. Thank you so much for all of the advice, which will help me a lot (newbie that I am).

Tutorials: The gift that keeps on giving.