Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish Butterflies in My Pineapple Shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i must confess ... your question confuses me. i must reply thusly:

huh? :?

:lol:
    LOL.. at the rate of being a buttinski, I think I understand what she's asking and if I'm not completely off base, the answer would be that bookmarked pages are a function of your computer and therefore the Mod cannot "see" them, so that statistic is not available to them.

This technique is amazing...this coming from a dedicate hand stitcher...when I get the urge to do a machine quilt, I think this is the one I'll do... GREAT job of teaching!!

I thank for instruction. She is very readable.

Thank you so mutch! :lol:

I like this!

Blog Entries
    I love this look but what does the whole pattern look like? I did a search and can't find a picture of the whole project.

Could you send a photo of the finished quilt??? Thanks

Blog Entries
    i never did a pattern for a whole quilt. the look would depend on how many times you went around the center; whether you made the quilt entirely from that block; etc.

watch this space, though. when i receive my most recent order of fabs, i'll be adding to similar blocks already started. i don't see why i couldn't use them to continue the tutorial through to a whole top.

Can't wait! :lol:

hi Sandra from DE. that is the best way to get a new charity quilt done , thanks love it.

Thanks Now that was easy!

:thumbup: when you have such a cute little helper. this is my 2nd time on this sight , i am very green.

Fabulous idea! I am so loving this! Thanks for sharing!

Quick and a nice way to get rid o fsome scraps. THANKS

I just tried your method for making Square in a Square blocks and LOVE it! It's so fast and easy. And you can sit and chain sew a whole bunch at a time and press them when you are done. Thank you so much!

I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. I'll be keeping a watch out for future lessons. Do you teach at a local LQS?

I learned how to make a pineapple last week. The way I learned is basically the same as what you have shown, only the square was not cut into triangles before sewing them on. After sewing the two pieces together, mark an X from corner to corner, then cut and press open. It's a pretty neat thing once you have it made.

Wooo. Seriously, Made Of Woooooo!

Thanks, Patrice!

Blog Entries
    THANKS all, very much! :-)

i haven't forgotten my promise to post a pattern. the reason it's taking so long is that i've been experimenting with different approaches to the method.

depending upon how you size the next round, you can also use it to create diamonds in squares, with seam allowances wide enough to not cut off the points from the previous round.

i'm also playing with approaches that work if you're cutting from fats and yardage and not just scraps.

soon ... very soon. :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSAN
    I learned how to make a pineapple last week. The way I learned is basically the same as what you have shown, only the square was not cut into triangles before sewing them on. After sewing the two pieces together, mark an X from corner to corner, then cut and press open. It's a pretty neat thing once you have it made.
    yes. this is certainly one of the popular ways to construct the blocks.

unfortunately, it doesn't "work" for me as an individual. i found it a bit cumbersome and inconvenient. however, i know for a fact that lots of quilters very much enjoy doing it that way. :-)

my favorite patterns/methods are those that offer several different ways to get to the same result. i'll be sure to add some photos of the sew-first-cut-later method, too. the more we have to choose from, the better.

thanks for reminding me. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    THANKS all, very much! :-)depending upon how you size the next round, you can also use it to create diamonds in squares, with seam allowances wide enough to not cut off the points from the previous round.
    i'm also playing with approaches that work if you're cutting from fats and yardage and not just scraps.
    I've been wondering how to sew and leave the points intact. Post your way soon! :-D :-D

wow,that is cool-so easy.smacking myself on the forehead-how come I did not figure that out,lol

Blog Entries
    there's just one problem with this method ... which is why i haven't taken the tute any farther.

it is nearly impossible to achieve and maintain any degree of precision and symmetry. it's great if you want wonky, whimsical and/or rustic pineapples.

because of all the bias seams, everything starts going out of wack right away. you can only get some degree of precision if you painstakingly measure and trim every block after every round.

not fun. :lol:

That is so neat! I'm going to have to try this!

Power Poster
    there's just one problem with this method ... which is why i haven't taken the tute any farther.

it is nearly impossible to achieve and maintain any degree of precision and symmetry. it's great if you want wonky, whimsical and/or rustic pineapples.

because of all the bias seams, everything starts going out of wack right away. you can only get some degree of precision if you painstakingly measure and trim every block after every round.

not fun. :lol:
    Why not cut the squares "on point" - then after they are cut, the edges of the block would be "straight"?

I still get a kick out of the title.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast