Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Looking for an Embroidery ONLY machine >
  • Looking for an Embroidery ONLY machine

• Looking for an Embroidery ONLY machine

Old 03-13-2012, 07:20 AM

Wink Looking for an Embroidery ONLY machine

I am looking for an Embroidery ONLY machine that is not too expensive. Any recommendation?. All I want is good quality (not top of the line), easy to download patterns & a fair size hoop system. Easy peasey. Any help would be appreciated. I also live in Canada so our prices are significantly higher than in the U.S.
    Old 03-13-2012, 05:34 PM

Just checked the board and noticed your question. Last year, we purchased a Janome 300E. It cost nearly $1,000, but it is easy to use and I can download free patterns from the internet sites. Although I have slowed down on quilt making, my plan for it was to make my labels and use embroidery in some of the blocks. Also, I have two grand-daughters who like embellishments. Good luck on your selection. I know there have been lots of posts about machines, but I do not know where it is hiding now. Have fun!
    Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 PM

Brother PE770 they run about 600 or so
    Old 03-17-2012, 08:16 PM

I think you need to investigate your sewing machines more thoroughly. I have a middle range Brother that cost just under $4000. It is not an embroidery only machine. It sews anything I want it to. Inorder to get one that only embroiders, you will be into a professional machine that is not intended to sew. Are you sure that is what you want? They are very, very expensive.

Last edited by TanyaL; 03-17-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 PM

I have a Brother PE770.

I bought it from this online retailer......Great customer service BTW.

http://www.mrvacandmrssew.com/brothe...age-p-724.aspx
    Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 PM

The Janome 350E has good reviews too, from what I've heard. I don't know what they retail for there but I see them advertised here (Australia) on special at one store for just on $2000
    Old 03-19-2012, 08:30 AM

I have a Baby Lock Ellisimo, and that is top of the line for Baby Lock sewing/embroidery machines, it is both an embroidery machine and sewing machine. I use it 99% of the time for embroidery, but also have two other machines that I use for sewing. The next step up is the 10 thread embroidery machine and they are a few thousand more. I use my x large hoop 99 % of the time. I do a lot of special tote bags for my family and friends, as well as other things.
    My suggestion is to go to good dealer that sell different machines, test them all, then you will see what feels good to you. It is like a car, no one likes the same one. I have had a lot of various sewing machines over the years and I like the way the baby locks preform for me. You might not like them but they are not as fussy as some others that are even more expensive. I have had a Singer, White, Elna and brothers machines and Baby Lock seems to work well for me. I do a lot of heavy duty stuff and need something that will hold up to that. I do a lot of purses with extra padding with a lot of layers to sew thru. All machines are not meant to do that and if they can be broken I will be the one to do that. I killed the Singer and also the brothers. Guess I am just to hard on them. Singers seem to go out of timing very EZ and that costs you a lot of down time. I belong to a Sr. Center that has about 10 or 12 Singers, that are always needing repairs, because of that. I also don't like a machine that is fussy, and that is what I have found with Singers. The old little ones everyone loves, that's ok for just straight sewing, but any of the machines that were build in the 70's seem to have problems for some reason, but as I said before, you need to go and test a few machines before you decide what you want. If you go to a good dealer, they have people that know the machines and can help you with them. They also have classes to teach you some of the things you need to know. My first embroidery machine I purchased from a shopping channel, had no support and I was afraid to try it by myself.
    Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 PM

I have an Ellisimo Gold and a 10 needle enterprise ( Baby Lock) I love both .Making payments seems like forever