Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • T minus 7 days for Harry!  Who's going >
  • T minus 7 days for Harry! Who's going

• T minus 7 days for Harry! Who's going

Old 07-08-2011, 06:16 PM

I admit, I am a big fan, loved the books, liked the movies and have been anxiously waiting for the last movie. Anyone else planning on going?

Hubby, 17 year old son and I spent the last two weeks renting all the old movies from the library and watching them over the weekends to "be ready" for the last movie.
    Old 07-08-2011, 06:19 PM
    Banned

ME!!!...already got MIDNIGHT release tickets!
    and we are also doing HP all weekend....

though I enjoy the books on tape much better!
    Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 PM

I would like to see it. I think I can get hubs to go - he sat thru most of them with me -lol. Rowling has set up an after Potter website, not sure what it will be about. I cant remember the name of it, but they will send out a newsletter (if you sign up - its supposed to be kid safe) when its set to open.
    I saw a TV blurb by Larry King, hes doing a special interview with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) and said DR has a girlfriend and he wants to get married soon and start a LARGE family. He was an only child and wants a big family. He can afford to adopt a small country of kids after the Potter series ends -lol. sharet
    Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 PM

We are. Our theater is offering a double feature; playing the first half and then the second one at 12:01AM. We are going to both, YEAH!! Love Harry Potter.
    Old 07-08-2011, 06:26 PM
    Power Poster

None of us are huge enough fans to fight crowds. We'll wait till it's on netflix

ME!!! My two 17 yr old sons were not even a little bit interested in reading until they started reading these books. There were part of the group of kids that learned to love to read because of Harry Potter! We had to buy two of each new book for five of us to share! They had Harry Potter everything when they were little!
    Power Poster

Also a big fan but waiting for the DVD. We played six the other night preparing. And I got out the book to clarify a few things.
    Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 PM

I hope so, but all of my kids will probably midnight it, in costume of course, and I might have to babysit...unless my SonIL doesn't want to go - he's not one for this sort of thing, but then he bought my daughter Josh Groban tickets, and made t-shirts for them to wear (major MIL points!)...we'll see, but if I don't midnight it, I want to see it on the BIG screen, not wait for netflix!!
    Old 07-08-2011, 06:29 PM

I won't be going on opening day or midnight the night before, because I seriously hate crowds. I think we'll go to the first matinee the next morning.

I love, love, love the series. I've read the books at least 8 times, and I can't tell you how many times I've seen the movies (they're in my arsenal of best-beloved movies I turn on for background noise while I'm cleaning or sewing). I was a bit of a latecomer to the game--the first contact I had with it was allowing a friend to drag me to see Prisoner of Azkaban. But I didn't really jump on board until I started reading the books a few months before Order of the Phoenix was released. By the time tthe final book came out, I was one of those who stayed up all night reading it. ;)

I've been awaiting this movie for years now, but I'm kind of heartbroken that it's finally almost over! It's almost like the end of a relationship--we've got the beautiful memories, but no new memories will be made now.
    Old 07-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Oh my goodness! I haven't been following Harry Potter very closely, sooooo, when I started reading this I was confused and started thinking..."They're bringing Dirty Harry back?????" Isn't Clint Eastwood, like....80+?

Talk about being out of the loop! LOL! (Oh dear....am I showing my age?) :oops: