Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Vertigo....interferring with quilting time! HELP >
  • Vertigo....interferring with quilting time! HELP

• Vertigo....interferring with quilting time! HELP

Old 09-05-2011, 11:29 AM

I have intermittend vertigo when I lie or reach to the left side. Thinking it has something to do with the inner ear. Go to Dr. for a scheduled appointment and will then ask him. Oh my little fur baby is crying for me.
    Old 09-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Oh I feel your pain I had it for over six weeks, my doctor sent me to therapy what a relief it worked and only needed one visit, gave me exercises to do at home 2x's a day what a relief.
    Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM

My husband had veritgo, the Dr. gave him exercises, it took some time but they did work. Have to move those crystals around I guess, don't really understand.
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:01 PM

That is the maneuver my husband used that jitkaau suggested you do.
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:18 PM

I have had vertigo off and on for years. The last attack the Dr. said it is the crystals in your ear that are stuck so your gyro can't work.
    he had me lay on my back and ask which way does it bother me to look? I told him if I look to the right, so he had me turn my head to the right and my eyes moved back and forth to try to level me. so he tapped on my head above my ear and then left me laying there for 2 minutes. then he had me turn face up and tapped on my forehead and had me lay there 2 more minutes then turn on my left side and tapped again above my ear. and lay still another 2 minutes. Then turn on belly and tapped on the back of my head . lay still 2 minutes then turn on right side again and tapped again. maybe more of a pound than a tap.
    anyway after I got up I felt better and after 2 days it was gone and has been gone for over a month.
    I know this sounds crazy but it worked. I guess it is a Oriental remedy. thanks to Dr. Tobias Yeh MD
    Kjym Kathy
    Old 09-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Mine finally went away after I took a vacation that was planned before it started----I was determined to go and make the best of it----and the pressure changes with the two flights somehow did something with my ears.
    Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by imcraftee
    Have been dealing with Benign Positional Vertigo for over two weeks! Have been to 2 doctors, it is suppose to "correct itself" Anyone else deal with this and do you have any suggestions of how to make it go away ! I want to quilt again! Thanks.......
    My husband suffered from it. We googled it & followed the instructions for treating it---you know, lie this way then that way, etc. It worked! What relief! He's had only one slight experience since but didn't need to do the exercise again. We read it may take a few 'treatments' (at home) for some. Hope it works for you.
    Old 09-05-2011, 01:38 PM

Yes and I spent 6 weeks dealing with it but it did clear on its own. Be patient and take it easy for a while.
    Old 09-05-2011, 03:08 PM

My mom is going on her fourth month and has been told the same thing. It has gotten better. She can get up out of a chair and walk by herself short distances - she looks drunk, but she can do it. She is in physical therapy and that seems to be helping her learn to cope with the imbalance. Playing the waiting game...she couldn't do anything, quite literally, for over the first two months. Good luck!! Hope it goes away soon.
    Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM

A few years ago, it happened to me. I awakened one morning and the whole room was spinning. My husband took me to the ENT doctor. He said I had vertigo, never gave it a name though. He gave me an intravenous injection in my arm and shortly after that I was fine. Never had another episode of it, thank goodness. It was terrible and I can symphatize with you. Hope it goes away soon.