Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Shipping Shock! >

Accuquilt Shipping Shock!

Accuquilt Shipping Shock!

Old 03-26-2022, 04:22 AM
Banned

Default Accuquilt Shipping Shock!

I need some mats for my Accuquilt. They have a 35% off sale, so the cost is $39. Shipping is $13!! Free shipping is for NET amounts of $150 and over. That's over $400 in merchandise, right?! WOW!
Old 03-26-2022, 04:27 AM

I am not exactly following your math. But, I usually try and get enough stuff so I get free shipping. I usually order extra mats to do that or a "want" not a need die. As I stocked up on mats during the holiday sale, I have two extra of every mat I use so I am good for now. Someday, I think I may like the electric GO but my regular GO is working just fine for now.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:31 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

I love my AccuQuilt and use itall the time. That said even with the discounts the shipping does certainly have to be taken into account. Our local quilt shop does carry some AccuQuilt dyes and accessories so I do try to shop there as often as possible. Apparently AccuQuilt is not the best company for retailers to deal with. They don’t give discounts to the retailers that they can then pass on to customers. That makes it difficult but still if I can I shop local. Or wait for free shipping on deals.
It is true that shipping has certainly affected many companies. Some pass it on in the actual cost of the item others add it as shipping either way they can’t absorb the shipping costs all the time I guess.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:33 AM

Check quilt in a day, she usually has free shipping on Accuquilt stuff and excellent pricing.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I am not exactly following your math. But, I usually try and get enough stuff so I get free shipping. I usually order extra mats to do that or a "want" not a need die. As I stocked up on mats during the holiday sale, I have two extra of every mat I use so I am good for now. Someday, I think I may like the electric GO but my regular GO is working just fine for now.
Yes, math is not my strong suit. So, if you have to have a net amount of $150 dollars to get free shipping, and everything is 35% off, wouldn't the before discount amount you spend have to be over $400?
Old 03-26-2022, 04:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
I love my AccuQuilt and use itall the time. That said even with the discounts the shipping does certainly have to be taken into account. Our local quilt shop does carry some AccuQuilt dyes and accessories so I do try to shop there as often as possible. Apparently AccuQuilt is not the best company for retailers to deal with. They don’t give discounts to the retailers that they can then pass on to customers. That makes it difficult but still if I can I shop local. Or wait for free shipping on deals.
It is true that shipping has certainly affected many companies. Some pass it on in the actual cost of the item others add it as shipping either way they can’t absorb the shipping costs all the time I guess.
Yes, I knew that shipping costs are going up all over, this was just a shock as I think it's double from what I paid last year. I buy as often as I can from Amazon and always only with free shipping. I have the GO! BIG and love it, too and don't really need any more dies as I have 3 or 4 I haven't even used yet. Mats are something you have to replace periodically, as you know, and the two I'm buying I need now.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:46 AM

umm... 150 Divided by .65 = 230.7 So I think it is about $231 at 35% off.
At 35% off, you are paying 65% of the original cost.

Last edited by sewingpup; 03-26-2022 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Check quilt in a day, she usually has free shipping on Accuquilt stuff and excellent pricing.
Thanks for the tip! I checked it out and it would have cost me $1.17 more at Quilt in a Day, even with free shipping. I will definitely keep that in mind for the future!
Old 03-26-2022, 04:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
umm... 150 Divided by .65 = 230.7 So I think it is about $231 at 35% off.
At 35% off, you are paying 65% of the original cost.
Gee, I wasn't too far off! 🤪 I was not lying when I said math is not my friend! Thank you!
Old 03-26-2022, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

I only buy from that site when they offer free shipping. I like Quilt in a Day, also eBay and Amazon.