Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Advice please on which Quilter to buy >
  • Advice please on which Quilter to buy

• Advice please on which Quilter to buy

Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 AM

Hallo everyone I've cracked the bottom thread question! There is a product called The Bottom Thread produced by Superior Threads! I found it on a UK shop (Barnyarns) website. This is how it is described: If you can imagine a bobbin thread that virtually disappears as the top thread and bobbin thread harmonise, then you could well be thinking of 'The Bottom Line'.

This is an innovative bobbin thread for sewing with all types of top thread including metallics and designer threads. It's has a silk-like finish allowing it to slide, not grab, to form the perfect stitch. The Bottom Line is ideal for both machine and hand appliqué. The fine 60wt. thread disappears into the fabric resulting in perfect curves and sharp points. The lint-free, ultra-smooth surface prevents snagging and knotting. Due to its lint free quality, excellent colour choice and fine 60 weight, the Bottom Line is superb for heirloom sewing, fine lace work and intricate Trapunto. Result!
    Cheers Brabant
    Old 04-15-2012, 03:49 AM

Congrats Jane!
    Old 04-15-2012, 05:00 AM

Not sure if Brother is American or not..so many companies outsource today, but I'm saving for the Brother Innov-is NX-2000. It's the Laura Ashley special edition. It was designed especially for quilters and I won't have to buy any extras to get it up and running. Now this isn't an embroidery machine, but has 460 stitches, 30 more on CD and you can program your own as well. It's roughly $2000.00, but worth every penny! Has all the things quilters love on the new machines. I can't wait to get it home!! Good luck with your search!