Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC???? >
  • Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC????

• Anybody been to MaryJo's in NC????

Old 05-28-2011, 05:01 AM

I am from MS. My daughter lives in Waxhaw. She drove me over for a treat and IT WAS!! I want to go back. Loved every thing about it.
    Old 05-28-2011, 05:11 AM

Went to NC to visit family a few years ago. Didn't go straight home though. Stopped at MaryJo's on the way. I could have spent a full day there. I love how they have all bolts arranged by color or theme. I wanted Patriotic fabric and there it was, all in one section, just waving to me. Bought ohhh so many beautiful pieces! Worth the trip I think.
    Old 05-28-2011, 05:59 AM

I live in Augusta, GA and will hop in the car for the 3 hour drive anytime! Down the road from Mary Jo's is a thread mill, Long Creek Mills. Also hop in the car to go to Atlanta (2 hours) to Intown Quilts-bright fabrics-and have taken classes there too. Along the way to Atlanta, Exit 80, is Sweet Home, a more traditional shop. Recently discovered Quilting By the Bay in Panama City, Florida. No distance too great for that perfects fabric.

Mary Jo's is my very favorite store! I live 1 hour away, and have been going there for over 50 years (Back when she had her store in Dallas, NC and had a large separate room for polyester knits.)

I have sewed clothes for myself, 3 daughters, and 6 grandchildren as well as some for friends (maternity clothes; dresses for weddings: gifts;etc.) After retirement I started making quilts---What a wonderful place to find fabrics for quilts! Decorating fabrics are plentiful and wondeful; and notions are plentiful and discounted!

Guess you can tell this message hit a top favorite for me!

Mary Jo's is my very favorite store! I live 1 hour away, and have been going there for over 50 years (Back when she had her store in Dallas, NC and had a large separate room for polyester knits.)

I have sewed clothes for myself, 3 daughters, and 6 grandchildren as well as some for friends (maternity clothes; dresses for weddings: gifts;etc.) After retirement I started making quilts---What a wonderful place to find fabrics for quilts! Decorating fabrics are plentiful and wondeful; and notions are plentiful and discounted!

Guess you can tell this message hit a top favorite for me!
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 AM

Ohoooo Yeahhhhh! Live 4 hours away. The whole guild takes an annual trip and hires a bus. I go whenever I am an in the area. Definitely worth the trip. Great place and wonderful prices. Ann in TN
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:37 AM

I love Sweet Home Quilts. We head up to PA several times a year and I always try to time our trip home so that we can stop at MaryJo's. I even convinced my husband a few years ago to make the 5 hr trip and spend the night there. I never knew there was a second floor! Need to make another trip now to check it out. I will also be checking out the thread place.
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:43 AM

We have been there once -- What a great place to shop. A long way from IL!
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 AM

YES!!!!!! It is worth a trip. Have been several times and it is overwhelming. Try to take a list of fabrics you want or projects. There is also a place called Long Creek Threads(?). Someone please correct me if I have the name wrong. They have all kinds of thread in large cones. The prices are great also. Happy quilting.
    Old 05-28-2011, 06:56 AM

I will always remember the whole row of bug fabrics they had when I went there years ago. I was blown away with the selection.