Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Is anyone else having Leader Grips issue >
  • Is anyone else having Leader Grips issue

• Is anyone else having Leader Grips issue

Old 08-18-2022, 05:54 PM

Default Is anyone else having Leader Grips issue

Hi Quilters,
    I was wondering if any of you are having issues with their Leader Grips cracking and splitting. I recently ordered some replacement pieces…Leader Grips …and they have all cracked! I am not using them incorrectly nor am I torturing them. I was just curious…any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Old 08-20-2022, 05:53 AM

?call the manufacturer. Maybe there was a bad production run. I haven't heard of them cracking before, but I don't use them. Years ago, I bought a similar product, but never got around to using them, they are around here somewhere as I just got used to pinning my quilts on my frame.
    Old 08-20-2022, 06:37 AM

I have used leader grips for many years, and some of them have cracked at the ends. But they are old! I bought some rope track light on Amazon Amazon.com : Novelty Lights 3/8" Mini Rope Light Track, Mounting Rope Light, PVC Plastic, Clear, 4 Foot, 1 Pack : Tools & Home Improvement that work well, but don't have the rounded ends like the leader grips have. I have been thinking of replacing some of the leader grips and have not compared prices.
    Old 08-22-2022, 04:04 PM

My original Leader Grips have developed some cracks, but they're at least 10 years old. The first few cracks were because I tried to push then on over top of an existing (smaller) clip that was anchoring the quilt backing.
    I couldn't find replacement ones locally, the store that sold me the original ones closed. Shipping was cost prohibitive to my house (Canada).
    I bought a different product but I haven't started using it yet, I'm still using up my Leader Grips.
    Old 08-23-2022, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by BettyM
    I have used leader grips for many years, and some of them have cracked at the ends. But they are old! I bought some rope track light on Amazon Amazon.com : Novelty Lights 3/8" Mini Rope Light Track, Mounting Rope Light, PVC Plastic, Clear, 4 Foot, 1 Pack : Tools & Home Improvement that work well, but don't have the rounded ends like the leader grips have. I have been thinking of replacing some of the leader grips and have not compared prices.
    BettyM - you beat me to posting a link to that. Those are what I use. The hubby sanded the edges round for me and also cut them into shorter pieces. They work great (imho).
    Old 08-23-2022, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by BettyM
    But they're out of stock now.... sad.....
    Old 08-24-2022, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by ElaineCovid
    But they're out of stock now.... sad.....
    I just checked that website and they are not showing out of stock now.
    Old 08-24-2022, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by mmunchkins
    I just checked that website and they are not showing out of stock now.
    Thanks, I will look!
    Old 08-25-2022, 10:24 AM

I made my own out of square of fabric and just used velco strips sewn on I pin the fabric to my backing it has worked out okay for me .
    Old 08-26-2022, 05:38 AM

Well, I looked on the leader grips website, and these things are not expensive from them! The price varies according to the length of the replacement pieces. A set of 4 36' replacement pieces without the rods is only $20.00! Leader Grips by Regina's Quilting Studio I am going to get my order in soon!