Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Artist's Paint Brush Roll >
  • Artist's Paint Brush Roll

• Artist's Paint Brush Roll

Old 01-28-2021, 10:44 AM

Default Artist's Paint Brush Roll

My DIL is an artist, so, for her birthday, I made her an artist paint brush roll that opens up and has slots to hold her paintbrushes. I did the outside in waxed canvas and the inside of the roll in a patchwork of Japanese fabrics. I used some scrap leather suede strips as ties. I didn't do much actual quilting on it, other then sew the seams for the brush slots, but if I made another one, I may get into some decorative quilting on it.

I think that it came out kinda cool. I took pix, but my phone is upstairs right now and I'm not. When my phone and I get back together, I'll post a couple of images for y'all to see.

My DIL's dau has a birthday in a week from now, so I'm going to make her a computer/messenger bag with the same fabrics. I will definitely quilt that, if I have time.
    Old 01-29-2021, 01:31 PM

Fun! I made my artist daughter a paintbrush roll last Christmas. I didn’t think about using oilcloth on it. I use a fun watercolor paints fabric I had left from a quilt I’d made her a few years ago.