Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Embroidery Machine >
  • Embroidery Machine

• Embroidery Machine

Old 03-15-2015, 08:47 PM

Default Embroidery Machine

I got a Brother PE540D Embroidery Machine for Christmas & only played with it twice but today I played all day with it. Now I have some questions. Is there anyway to enlarge the patterns on the cartridges that you buy separately or even the patterns in the machine? It looks like you can enlarge the fonts but I mean actual pictures.I realize I am very limited to size on this machine but it is a great beginner machine. Also will any format PES fit? I mean can you use it with this machine? I know there is a lot of different formats but I'm not familiar with any of them. Not too smart when it comes to electronics. lol Thanks so much
    Old 03-15-2015, 09:39 PM

You can download Bernina Artlink FREE from the BerninaUSA website. It will open most formats of designs and convert them to the format that works for your machine. It will also resize, rotate combine designs ect. From there I don't know how you transfer to your machine?
    Old 03-16-2015, 03:01 AM

Your machine can only do 4x4 designs in .pes format....the design must fit into the hoop. Sometimes you can enlarge or decrease by 20% if the machine will accept it and if it will still fit into the hoop. But you will need software to do that. One has already been mentioned--another is WilcomTrusizer. It's free, as is Wings My Editor. You will be able to see the images of the designs on your computer with these softwares when you open to edit. Each will change other formats to .pes as well as doing some editing (size, color). Your machine may have the feature for sizing..but again, no larger than 4x4. OH, I believe your machine will also use .dst format. There are many free designs on the internet. And you have Disney designs which a lot of people desire.
    Old 03-16-2015, 08:59 PM

You can use and pes design as long as it is not larger than your hoop, you need software to edit designs. I can recommend embrilliance essentials as a nice easy program. I think the built ins on brother some you can't resize and some you can only resize to a certain amount. Brothers accept pes and dst but dst won't show colors.
    Old 03-16-2015, 10:15 PM

Thank you everyone for all your help! Very much appreciated!
    Old 03-17-2015, 04:57 AM

Disney designs cannot be resized there are plenty of free pes designs on line just do a google search