Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Extension table? >
  • Extension table?

• Extension table?

Old 07-03-2010, 05:54 AM

Do you like the extension table you have for your machine?
    I mean does it really make that much difference when you're sewing/quilting?
    I've been thinking of getting one but since they're kind of expensive I thought I'd see what everybody thinks of theirs.
    Would you buy it again?
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
    Do you like the extension table you have for your machine?
    I mean does it really make that much difference when you're sewing/quilting?
    I've been thinking of getting one but since they're kind of expensive I thought I'd see what everybody thinks of theirs.
    Would you buy it again?
    What kind of machine do you have? I have one for a viking 870 to get rid of. Fits all the Sapphires. Let me know.

I have them for my other 2 machines and I love them. They really do make a difference.They have a big space.
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:05 AM

I just got one for my Janome...(it came with the stash that I bought and sold parts of!) I'm liking it a lot! It's easier to keep seams straight with the support of the table, because the weight of the fabric isn't pulling to the side...
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 AM

I have one on my machine, it's a Brother QC-1000 (pic below), and it came with the machine. I really like it to support the weight of the block. Too, it's nice to have that extra 6" or so in front of the needle to align the fabrics and zip them through.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-83227.jpe  
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:14 AM
    Power Poster

I just realized I haven't used mine in awhile............ :D
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
    What kind of machine do you have? I have one for a viking 870 to get rid of. Fits all the Sapphires. Let me know.
    I have them for my other 2 machines and I love them. They really do make a difference.They have a big space.
    I have a Pfaff but thanks for the kind offer.
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:20 AM

I do NOT like the Viking extension table I bought for my Platinum 775 so I bought a bigger, better one from http://sewingmates.com/. When it arrived, the back piece didn't fit right for my machine. I notified them (I think the lady's name was Becky) and she had me take a picture of the back of my machine and take some measurements for her. I emailed her the pictures and the measurements and she sent me a new back piece free of charge and told me to keep the other piece in case I ever bought a machine that it might fit! She also thanked me for the info because she didn't know that what they were making didn't accurately fit the Platinums.

I have been EXTREMELY happy with the new extension table! I even put a night light underneath it and use it as a light box when I need to transfer a hand-embroidery design! :)

No affiliation with sewingmates.com except that I am a very satisfied customer!
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:20 AM

Don't hesitate, you won't look back!
    If you can find a table to "sink" your machine into so the sewing surface is flush with the table, that's even better.
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:27 AM

I love my extension table! Not only because it makes any sewing so much easier....but because it cost less than $5.00!
    I made it from a 30" X 30" of 3/8 plywood. Measured and cut the hole for the machine, sanded and put on MANY coats of polyurathane. When all was very dry I cut an old closet pole into "feet" and glued them to the bottom of the "table" and WALLA a large extension table.
    Besides all that, my machine was too high to comfortably sew, so I found a computer table (wood) on Craigslist and cut the legs to the right height (had to take out the keyboard slider so MY legs would fit!). Just like uptown!!!
    I love it!!!!
    Old 07-03-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang
    Don't hesitate, you won't look back!
    If you can find a table to "sink" your machine into so the sewing surface is flush with the table, that's even better.
    Yes a sewing cabinet that my machine would sink into is what I'd really like but no room for it. I barely have room to breathe now! :)