Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Go Cutter >
  • Go Cutter

• Go Cutter

Old 09-08-2011, 04:22 AM

I just recently learned about the Go! Cutter by Accuquilt and am considering purchasing it. What are your comments regarding this product? Is there something I should avoid? Which dies are "must haves" if I purchase this? Where is the best place to purchase this product? Thanks!
    Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 AM

I was just looking at it last night on Amazon (which seems to have the best price), $80 and free shipping.
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Opal Jane
    I was just looking at it last night on Amazon (which seems to have the best price), $80 and free shipping.

Here is the Amazon link.
    http://www.amazon.com/AccuQuilt-GO-B...5486799&sr=8-2
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 AM
    Power Poster

Please do a search using the search hotspot at the top of the page. Lots and lots and lots of info and general comments!
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by tnnslvr
    I just recently learned about the Go! Cutter by Accuquilt and am considering purchasing it. What are your comments regarding this product? Is there something I should avoid? Which dies are "must haves" if I purchase this? Where is the best place to purchase this product? Thanks!
    There are 3 out there. The studio, most expensive, the GO and the Baby Go. The Baby Go is the most limited in it's dies and the Studio is the largest and most expensive. Check Joanns fabrics and see what their prices are also.

Edit: http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/086951.html
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:11 AM

I have a Go Baby, the only bad thing about the Baby is that it is not big enough to cut strips which I would use a lot. A close friend has the bigger one and I go to her house to cut things bigger. The 2" finished square is very useful and I just bought the 5" rag quilt one because I am making my son a jeans rag quilt and it really saves alot of time. As far as others it just depends on what shape you use the most. I got my dies from a place called Quilters Warehouse and their prices were far better than others. Accu Quilt puts them on sale a lot of times and I watch for those.
    Originally Posted by tnnslvr
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:25 AM

I ordered my Go from AccuQuilt on a special deal and got 5 dies with it - a square, a multi die and 3 of the strip cutters plus the cutting mats. the Go Baby is cute but very limited as to dies. I buy only the dies I think I will get the most use of, squares, tumbler, hexigons, etc. to date I have 23 dies, only get them on sale. I love mine, I cut an entire drunkards path full sized quilt in about 2 hours.
    Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 AM

I have the Go I ordered off ebay last year and I love it. If you watch Ebay you may get a great deal as I did. The dies I use the most are the 2.5" strip die, hexagon, circles, triangles. It depends on what you do the most of. There are a few Accuquilt die yahoo groups I belong to. One of them has the dies at a normal 35% off.
    Old 09-08-2011, 09:01 AM

How much money do you have? How much space?

Yes, they will make special dies just for you ... at a cost.

I have my Alto's QuiltCut2 and love it. Easy to store and use. Due to physical limitations I can't use the Accuquilt Go products. I'd have to have someone else work the machine ... and then I'd not be happy with the waste of fabric.

Just saying,

ali
    Old 09-08-2011, 09:26 AM

I have the Accuquilt-Go (not Baby-Go) and love it. It offers alot more than the Baby in dies selection and size. Every so often Joann's has them on special for $199.00 instead of the regular $349.00. It might be worth pricing it on Amazon or Ebay. Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
    And Joann's honors the 40% off coupon on the dies.(not cutter, however)