Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help me off this fence.... >
  • Help me off this fence....

• Help me off this fence....

Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 AM
    Power Poster

i absolutely love it for my labels. it's not my taste to have machine embroidered quilt blocks... although i tried it once for a quilt show challenge. it probably was not cost effective to buy it. however, when i was working, i bought lots of toys that simply brought me pleasure. i'm glad i have it on the sewing table for when i need it. but the cost of this 'toy' has not been justified. i did use it a couple of times to do the 'quilting' on some small wall-hangings... wouldn't work for large projects.
    Old 07-02-2011, 08:06 PM

I have a Janome Memory Craft 300E embroidery only machine and I use it alot. I make memory picture quilts and it's great for blocks with names, date etc. and special designs. I also use it to embroider towels, blankets and other gift items. There are several web sites where you can get inexpensive patterns but you have to know how to load them on your machine. I would be glad to help if you do purchase one. Beth
    Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM

Thanks everyone for your honest input here,...in the long run, I guess we hear what we want to hear, and disregard what we don't...that saying I got my 350E today and have it set up, and tryed one pattern. I was pleased that I could at least follow the directions and go from there. I did buy from a local dealer who can give instructions when needed. I have the "50 state flower" quilt project on my bucket list, and I plan to use it for labels, and monogramming projects I make. It will be a good learning experience for me, and I hope bring me lots of satisfaction and joy. Thanks again.