Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome at Joanns? >
  • Janome at Joanns?

• Janome at Joanns?

Old 08-31-2014, 08:52 AM

Default Janome at Joanns?

I just saw that Joann's is carrying my machine--the Janome Memory Craft 6300 online. Not sure how I feel about this. I do feel sorry for my local Janome dealer although the price is the same at Joann's as I paid at the dealer. I thought Joann's only sold Singers.
    Old 08-31-2014, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
    I just saw that Joann's is carrying my machine--the Janome Memory Craft 6300 online. Not sure how I feel about this. I do feel sorry for my local Janome dealer although the price is the same at Joann's as I paid at the dealer. I thought Joann's only sold Singers.
    If the price is the same I would go to the dealer who would give you the service you would never get at Joann's.
    Old 08-31-2014, 09:09 AM
    Power Poster

Our Joann's also sells Vikings.
    Old 08-31-2014, 11:24 AM
    Power Poster

In my local JAF, they have a sewing dealer set up mostly Singers and Vikings. Never looked very closely.
    Old 08-31-2014, 04:33 PM

I have a Viking and haven't been too thrilled to see them at JoAnn's. It doesn't add to the prestige of any brand, IMO.

Since Viking became SVP, you'd think JoAnn would have Pfaff.

Hugs,
    Charlotte
    Old 08-31-2014, 04:57 PM

I went to the Joann's in Temecula, they have a sewing machine center and I couldn't resist looking at a couple of the models and talking with the sales woman. At that location she told me they rent space from Joann's and do give lessons. I noticed you can buy certain Janomes from Joann's on-line and Brothers too. I did not find Viking or Husqvarna or Pfaff, but they were in the store with the Sewing Machine Center.

It doesn't devalue the product line if Joann's carries it to me. Just gives me another place to comparison shop.

Oh, I must add, the price at the Joann's wasn't any less than my Janome dealer, in fact, I got more from the dealer (they threw in the table to go with my 6600p). The price of my Viking was about the same, actually a little less because I bought the floor model and didn't ask about anything else from a different dealer (who threw in a thread group and some stablizer).
    Old 08-31-2014, 05:23 PM

Its probably good for people that don't have a local dealer but want one. I don't think joanns carrying it makes it any different. I got my low end brother at walmart and that thing has been a workhorse.
    Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 PM

Our JoAnn's has a Viking Gallery inside the store but it is a Viking dealership separate from JoAnn's. That's where I bought all three of my Vikings and get service from the Viking dealer.
    Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 PM
    Banned

you can also get Janome machines online at Amazon and Walmart. I bought my first embroidery machine from my Janome dealer but when I went back to ask questions about buying another model, all she wanted to do was try to sell me a machine that was way out of my price range. I left frustrated. I did buy the second machine I wanted, just not there.
    Cari
    Old 09-01-2014, 04:37 AM

JoAnn's dose not sell anything other then singers. The Viking Gallery is NOT part of JoAnn fabric, but rents a space in the stores.
    Originally Posted by ArlaJo
    Our JoAnn's has a Viking Gallery inside the store but it is a Viking dealership separate from JoAnn's. That's where I bought all three of my Vikings and get service from the Viking dealer.