Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Is it just me? >
  • Is it just me?

• Is it just me?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 AM

I wish I could everyday. It's usually in spurts. I'll get involved in a project and work on it until all the other parts of my life (job, cooking, cleaning, husband) start to need attention. Then I spend just enough time to placate everyone and get back to the machine.
    Old 02-15-2011, 12:42 PM

I am retired, but never seem to have the time to sew every day. However; on the days that I do my washing, which is about four days a week, when I put the first load in, I go to my sewing room and quilt for an hour, or two. Then, I load the dryer, and back to my sewing room for another hour, or two. I seem to get more done using that schedule. Have to admit, when I look at the time, I often find that two hours have developed into three. Works for me. Eileen
    Old 02-15-2011, 02:09 PM

I don't get to sew every day. Actually I never have gotten to sew every day. Now however, with the house on the market, I have to try to keep things in somewhat of an order so you can see that the room has 4 walls and a floor when someone comes to look at it.
    Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by CraftyGardenMom
    No, I don't sew everyday, only when I have the time. Sometimes I go in spurts where I do have time to do several days in a row, then several days with nothing sewed. Now that I have a newborn baby my sewing time is even more limited, LOL.
    You definately have a full time and a more important things to do taking care of your precious baby.Did you have a boy or girl,either way you're very lucky and blessed.Congratulations!
    Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 PM

I would to love to sew more, but sadly life gets in the way. But then, I like my life so it is not the hardship it could be.
    Old 02-15-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Missysgottohelp
    I work full time so like you I only get to sew a few times a week. But that's ok with me. I know I have to be in the mood to sew. Guess I haven't gotten bitten by the same quilt bug yet.
    Don't work, (disabled) but between neighbor lady, my mom, and husband, I too, have to be in the mood and not upset husband when I sew!! :thumbdown:
    Old 02-16-2011, 04:54 AM

Hmmmm - I thought when I retired I would have plenty of time for quilting! Hah!! between picking up the gkids and having them here (depending on Mom's schedules), housework, yardwork, activities with the gkids etc, etc, But ya know, I love every minute. So I get to my sewing when I get a chance.
    Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by desertrose
    I sewed most of Friday and have spent yesterday and today trying to calm the back spasms down. I loose track of time, do too much and pay for it later. I need to get a loud alarm clock and set the alarm. When it rings the sewing stops. I can't do this to myself any more. I have no deadlines and daily short sessions would prove more productive...Pains a good teacher to learn moderation!

I also have serious back issues. I try to pace my sewing, cutting, standing time. I give myself a changing time with each area of sewing that I do.
    So if I am sewing once I finish an alloted amount of the project I get away from the machine and go to another area of my sewing room and work on something else for an alloted amount of time.
    Seems to help, the trick is to change position often enough that the back does not know it is getting a work out!
    Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 AM

I would love to quilt everyday, but the real world of a j-o-b interferes. :) I also have to be in the mood, but I think that goes along with having the job.
    Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 PM

I know what you mean...I'm so jealous of all these people! I don't have the time or budget for sewing everyday.