Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Laura Ashley/Brother Innov-IS NX2000 Machine >
  • Laura Ashley/Brother Innov-IS NX2000 Machine

• Laura Ashley/Brother Innov-IS NX2000 Machine

Old 12-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Default Laura Ashley/Brother Innov-IS NX2000 Machine

I have been offered this machine at a very reduced price and I need some info as to whether this is a good machine to buy. Any embroidered names I have needed I got a friend to do it for me. I do have a Tiara II for quilting.
    I just do not know if I need this or not but the price is right. Thanks so much.
    Old 12-11-2017, 12:29 PM

I have this machine and it works very well for me. It has a ton of features that I haven't even explored yet. It is great for quilting. I also have a Pfaff but couldn't FMQ without skipped stitches. With the Innov-IS NX2000 I am able to FMQ and I am far from proficient but it does a great job. I have FMQ'd many quilts, some queen size. I followed another quilter's idea and put solid insulation around my machine in order to have a larger surfaces to hold my quilts. This worked out well for me. Here is a photo of what I am talking about. I set my machine on top of the insulation and marked around it and then cut it out with a utility knife. I needed more than one layer so I covered everything with the silver tape that you get at Menard's that plumbers use. It gives me a smooth surface.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585209[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_4155.jpg   img_4155.jpg  

Last edited by yolajean; 12-11-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: remove a photo
    Old 12-11-2017, 12:32 PM

Sorry, Ragamuffin, I have 2 photos there and couldn't delete the upside down one.
    Old 12-11-2017, 02:31 PM

I had the babylock version of the model right before the Laura Ashley. I loved it but traded up for an embroidery combo. It was a solid machines for the 2 1/2 years I had it and I never had any issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if the price was right
    Old 12-11-2017, 07:09 PM

Thank you so much for the info. I may consider this as my GS is on his way to his Eagle in Boyscouts and this way I could put his name, etc. on.
    Old 12-11-2017, 07:53 PM

I also have that Laura Ashley Brother Innovis machine and absolutely LOVE it. I also do FMQ on it. It has a ton of features and I am currently on a mission to actually USE the features. They are discontinued, so I got mine at a good price. Besides having it professionally cleaned/serviced yearly, it is a very low-maintenance machine. It is not necessarily a portable machine, but I love it so much that I often bring it to sew-ins (my other machine does not have an auto threader or auto thread cutter or auto needle lifter.... or auto anything) LOL.
    Old 12-12-2017, 05:26 AM

yolajean....I can see how smooth your quilting would be with a set up as yours. But does your dog feed permanently stay in the down position then? You must have another machine for regular sewing and piecing then right?
    Old 12-12-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper
    yolajean....I can see how smooth your quilting would be with a set up as yours. But does your dog feed permanently stay in the down position then? You must have another machine for regular sewing and piecing then right?
    No! My machine operates as usual with this set up. I use this machine for everything I do; quilting, home products, mending, clothes (double knit). It works beautifully in this setting.
    Old 12-12-2017, 06:36 PM

Nice machine and nice setup. The thread spool holder is interesting. Did it come with the machine?
    Old 12-14-2017, 05:41 PM

Congratulations to your GS on his Eagle ranking. It's a lot of hard work for the boys. My GS earned his Eagle several years ago.