Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pfaff Performance 5.2 settings >
  • Pfaff Performance 5.2 settings

• Pfaff Performance 5.2 settings

Old 10-01-2017, 08:32 AM

Default Pfaff Performance 5.2 settings

On my old Performance 2056 I could set the needle at a 1/4" and it would automatically default to that each time I turned on the machine. I can't find where I can do that on my new 5.2 machine. Can anyone help me? I don't like the 1/4" foot because it looses the use of the right side feed dogs; I prefer to move the needle. Having a hard time remembering to change it every time I turn on the machine after 10 years of using the old one.
    Old 10-01-2017, 02:25 PM

I will be watching to see if there is a way to do this. I have a Pfaff 4.2 and I adjust my needle to the 1/4 inch that I like while still using the regular foot. I like this better than the 1/4 inch foot for basically the same reason you stated. It feeds the fabric better. But I do have to remember to reset it each time I turn the machine on. I put a sticky note on the machine with the setting I like and usually that works for me. If there is an easier way, that would be nice, too.
    Old 10-02-2017, 10:42 AM

I have a Pfaff Creative 1.5 and whenever the power is cycled on the machine, it resets to the default centered position and at stitch "1" which is straight stitch with a 2.5 stitch length.
    Old 10-02-2017, 10:49 AM

Ihave a Performance 5 ; it has the option to save the settings for any stitch , so you could then just go to that folder and select that, and the needle, stitch length etc will move to those saved settings. Otherwise, add a post-it note with a reminder of the needle position you favour. I hope that helps, Kate
    Old 10-02-2017, 07:34 PM

I don't have that machine, but I put a tiny post it note to remind me to reset what ever function I'm using on my project at the time.
    Old 10-16-2017, 04:27 PM

Looking to purchase a Pfaff Performance 5.2 but want to know what is a reasonable price. May I ask what you paid? If not reasonable I may go for a Pfaf quilt expressions 4.2. Anybody know great price for that one? Thanks.