Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pintrest...slowing down my sewing >

Pintrest...slowing down my sewing

Pintrest...slowing down my sewing

Old 08-03-2022, 03:42 PM

Wink Pintrest...slowing down my sewing

Don't get me wrong. I love, love Pintrest, Have found solutions to quilting issues, discovered color combinations I never would have considered, new web sites to enroll in their newsletters, really cool quilts, and steps to create blocks I thought were above my pay grade. The new stuff just goes on an on. With this being said, I wonder how many MORE quilts I would get done for Project Linus if I didn't get lost in there. I just dond't know how to stop clicking on the next picture...lol.

Is thre a support group for people like me?...and YOU!!! lol
Old 08-03-2022, 05:08 PM

I love pinterest as well, I could be on it all night. I stopped receiving there news letter every day and have not figured out on to restart it. I dont know why it stopped. But it sure is a source of lots of things and patterns.
Old 08-03-2022, 05:20 PM

Go to: https://www.pinterest.com/ and do a seach for whatever floats your boat and I bet you get going again. Thrilled to be an enabler!!
Old 08-03-2022, 08:55 PM

Like you, I love/hate it. So many great ideas (and not just for quilts) but it is a huge time waster and it always unnerves me a bit how well they know what I've been looking at lately.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:08 AM

I
I'm addicted to Pinterest also. So many wonderful ideas are on there, can't tell you how many I've SAVED or just printed a picture out from as a "Possible Someday" to make. I have a heading under Quilts I want to Make and Baby Quilts I want to Make. Plus all my other interests. Too many to choose from. Only goes to prove that women are creative creatures!! LOL
Old 08-04-2022, 05:51 AM

I find myself checking it several times a day! It’s so easy to get lost just clicking and clicking and clicking! The quilting stuff is so fun to see. I also enjoy animal videos. So entertaining!
Old 08-04-2022, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

I rarely go to Pinterest unless a search takes me there. The pictures are nice but the links from the pictures rarely work to get the info I am looking for.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

I used to go to Pinterest but not so much now that they allow ads and junk.
Old 08-04-2022, 01:59 PM

You are so right! Pinterest is full of ideas, and I love looking at them too. It does cut into sewing time. LOL
Old 08-04-2022, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

I am another Pinterest lover. I spend way to much time there for all the reasons mentioned above. I sometimes wonder, when I save another idea, if the save folders ever fill up. I hope not.