Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Presser Feet >

Presser Feet

Presser Feet

Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 AM

Help!!! I need to purchase a 1/4" pressure foot with a guide and for the life of me I am just not sure what I should buy. I have an old JCPenney machine 1710, which is not listed on their website or any other for that matter, I bought it new shortly after I got married - my sister took me down to buy her one and I ended up with one also, but I digress, I believe it is what is called a low shank?? but I'm not sure if any of them will fit or not. If somebody out there can help I would be greatly appreciative.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 AM

I recently replaced my walking foot for my Viking Rose using this website. They were cheaper than anyone else. I see they have you machine listed with the correct feet.

http://www.sew4less.com/sitemap_prod...9&ModelID=2164

Originally Posted by sewlilly
Help!!! I need to purchase a 1/4" pressure foot with a guide and for the life of me I am just not sure what I should buy. I have an old JCPenney machine 1710, which is not listed on their website or any other for that matter, I bought it new shortly after I got married - my sister took me down to buy her one and I ended up with one also, but I digress, I believe it is what is called a low shank?? but I'm not sure if any of them will fit or not. If somebody out there can help I would be greatly appreciative.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM

I purchased a singer one and believe it or not, it fits my Singer, My brother machine and my sisters Old Montgomery wards machine. It appears to be Universial.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM

I purchased a singer one and believe it or not, it fits my Singer, My brother machine and my sisters Old Montgomery wards machine. It appears to be Universial.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Try the Little Foot! It is clear, has markings that make it easy to see when you are at 1/4 from the edge when binding or sewing. I love mine. You can find them lots of places but www.jhittlesewing.com usually has the best prices.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:42 AM

All of you are wonderful! I believe I found what I needed, have it ordered and can't wait for it to get here. Thanks for everything