Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Recommendations for quilting machines >

Recommendations for quilting machines

Recommendations for quilting machines

Old 11-18-2021, 07:04 AM

Default Recommendations for quilting machines

I’m looking for a quilting machine. Want it to have drop in bobbin, multiple stitches, needle stop up or down, wide throat, automatic needle threader and possibly an extension table. Easy to use😳 and preferably reasonably priced. Suggestions please.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:46 AM

I like my Brother Project Runway Limited Edition, PC-420. It does all those things, it's easy to use, and affordable.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:08 AM

I am always watching what is going on with LA quilting machines as well as smaller quilting machine and tables. I have the Original Grace Frame and waiting for the arrival if another machine to work with this. So I have a HQ Moxie on order and it is most likely sitting in a container out to sea somewhere. It has a 15" throat and I am ready to get going with it. Be sure to try every little bit of the machine you are buying to be sure it is a good fit for you.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
I like my Brother Project Runway Limited Edition, PC-420. It does all those things, it's easy to use, and affordable.
thank you. I’ll look at that one.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:51 PM

Hope your machine comes quickly.
Old 11-18-2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
I have this machine as well and love it!
Old 11-18-2021, 04:30 PM

I don't know what you consider reasonably priced but I got a Viking Topaz 40 and I saw a new one for 1400. This machine has about 8 inches to the right of the needle and I think everything else you listed.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I don't know what you consider reasonably priced but I got a Viking Topaz 40 and I saw a new one for 1400. This machine has about 8 inches to the right of the needle and I think everything else you listed.

thank you….. did you get it at a store or online?
Old 11-19-2021, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by ksbudde View Post
thank you….. did you get it at a store or online?
I did pick up mine at a local Viking dealer I have have used for years...and I can't remember what I paid for mine about a year ago. The 1400 I saw online. I like to give the local dealers my business if I can.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:17 AM

For machine quilting, I would highly recommend gearing the extension table for whatever machine you choose.

When I first started quilting, I was sewing on an Elna Lotus, so named because it had flaps that folded down in lieu of a case. When I used a walking foot on that machine, I would sew for a while, then literally have to pull both the quilt and the machine back towards me.

For my next machine, I also got a cabinet so the machine was flush with the surface. Even with a small, i. e., standard, throat space, that made quilting so much better.