Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Singer 301 Slant Needle >
  • Singer 301 Slant Needle

• Singer 301 Slant Needle

Old 06-02-2011, 05:18 AM

I am thinking of buying a Singer 301 but I see it is listed as a slant needle. I don't exactly know what all that entails? Is it only the needle that is slanted or are all of the accessories that I might purchase have to have a slant to them. Also would any of the accessories for feet from a 221 or a 201 fit this machine? Lots of questions but I think this would make a great quilting machine
    Old 06-02-2011, 05:29 AM

the add on accessories are slanted, not the needle....you will NOT regret buying this machine. I have my grandmothers. it sew silk to leather and eveything in between. I LOVE mine!
    Yes, the needles and accessories will fit the 221. I don't know about the 201 as I don't know anything about that machine. Perfect quilting machine!!

Originally Posted by Blackberry
    I am thinking of buying a Singer 301 but I see it is listed as a slant needle. I don't exactly know what all that entails? Is it only the needle that is slanted or are all of the accessories that I might purchase have to have a slant to them. Also would any of the accessories for feet from a 221 or a 201 fit this machine? Lots of questions but I think this would make a great quilting machine
    Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry
    Here is an explanation on the difference. You have to have the slant needle attachments for the 301. Your FW attachments will not fit. They do take the same bobbin case and bobbin but that is about all.

http://www.clotilde.com/pages/which_foot.html :thumbup:
    Old 06-02-2011, 07:09 PM

You actually have a better view of what you're sewing with the slant needle machines. I have an old Kenmore with slant & I love it. Slant needle attachments are easily available - try machine dealers or ebay if you need more than whatever comes with the machine.
    Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 PM

I have a 301 and bought presser feet from Aprils 1930's Shop for a very reasonable price. I love my 301. I also have a 500A and love it also.