Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • So busy quilting forgot about dinner >
  • So busy quilting forgot about dinner

• So busy quilting forgot about dinner

Old 11-12-2019, 08:17 AM

Default So busy quilting forgot about dinner

Literally forgot dinner last night! I made spanish rice with ground Buffalo last night and forgot about dinner all the way around I was busy working on this quilt I just kept sewing and cutting and sewing and cutting. Then laying out everything the way I wanted it. I totally forgot dinner was finished and sitting on the stove. I know I have been so busy I didn't start a meal. To forget you cooked a meal is a bit over the top. So I never ate dinner. I know I had breakfast and lunch though. I really have to get my act together. Has anyone else ever been so busy quilting, sewing or cutting that they cooked and forgot it all together? Now I get to throw away what was a perfectly great meal never even touched. Now back to the sewing of blocks together.
    Old 11-12-2019, 08:49 AM

I can usually catch my cooking when I'm quilting, but when I'm computer gaming? Man... I have burned some things so spectacularly they should go in the Museum of Burned Food.
    Old 11-12-2019, 08:56 AM

OMG!! Didn't the DH mention food or dinner? Well, I was busy sliding on the road, with 7" of snow on my way to the LQS. I it a guard rail and the guy behind me plowed into my car. Still trying to recover from the whole thing and to keep warm. Keep sewing Julia.
    Old 11-12-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether
    OMG!! Didn't the DH mention food or dinner? Well, I was busy sliding on the road, with 7" of snow on my way to the LQS. I it a guard rail and the guy behind me plowed into my car. Still trying to recover from the whole thing and to keep warm. Keep sewing Julia.
    Hopefully you were not injured?! How much snow did you get on that side of town? We got a good 10" here according to my front porch. I hope you are staying in today and have plenty of goods from the LQS that will make it easier to deal with the accident.
    Old 11-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether
    DH eats differently than I do. I took care of his meal around 5pm. I put my dinner on around 5:30pm and continued to do a bit of stitching while I was cooking. DH called to me so I went in the bedroom to assist him. Then I came back out to finish on the layout, turned the stove off to cool dinner a bit and let it finish thickening. Kept at the quilt DH called again and I went back in the BR and wham forgot about dinner all together. Even went back out to do some sewing and put a block together and still gave not a thought to the meal sitting on the stove.
    Old 11-12-2019, 09:36 AM

My nerves are still shaking. I think I need to knit today to keep my fingers busy. Don't know how much snow we got. It does look like more than the 7" the weather said. Feed yourself 3 regular meals today, plus drink your water. And above all dtay warm.
    Old 11-12-2019, 10:59 AM

My family won't let me forget about dinner. If I had my way, I'd eat cold cereal.
    Old 11-12-2019, 01:58 PM

I have been so busy sewing that I have forgotten to eat anything. Then when I feel sick to my stomach I remembered that I hadn't eaten. This shows that we are really concentrating on our sewing/quilting. Glad you had breakfast and lunch anyway
    Old 11-12-2019, 05:20 PM
    Power Poster

I haven't forgotten a meal. Trying to loose weight I get hungry about 1 hour before each meal.
    Old 11-12-2019, 05:56 PM
    Power Poster

I haven’t ever forgotten to eat a meal!!