Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual quilting day—Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/20) >
  • Virtual quilting day—Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/20)

• Virtual quilting day—Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/20)

Old 02-02-2020, 04:05 AM

Default Virtual quilting day—Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/20)

Welcome to a special day of virtual quilting! All are invited to join us in quilting today. I’ll check back in this afternoon to see how everyone is doing.
    Old 02-02-2020, 05:01 AM

I will be working on my first jelly roll rug.
    Old 02-02-2020, 05:04 AM

I dont know how much sewing I'll do today. I have 1 quilt that needs binding, which I've cut. However I haven't sewn the strips together, then it will need ironing. My house is in turmoil because I'm packing to move & I may feel too pressured to enjoy sewing. All the boxes silently beckon me to fill them, making me feel guilty for not doing so...
    Old 02-02-2020, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea
    I dont know how much sewing I'll do today. I have 1 quilt that needs binding, which I've cut. However I haven't sewn the strips together, then it will need ironing. My house is in turmoil because I'm packing to move & I may feel too pressured to enjoy sewing. All the boxes silently beckon me to fill them, making me feel guilty for not doing so...
    Good VQW day everyone joining in, Conchalea I feel your pain, I too am planning a move. Yesterday I went and retrieved some packing boxes from my granddaughter and they are setting here glaring at me.

Nevertheless, I plan to put together a new project after I return from church. The weather is gorgeous today in Kansas and I am driving in to church. Ms Daisy only drives in the fair weather.

Happy Sewing Day everyone

cherryb
    Old 02-02-2020, 06:19 AM

Yesterday I finished the last of 208 blocks for a crazy quilt I'm making. This was paper pieced with some applique and the patterns were copied from an antique quilt. So I might lay those out and start sewing them into a top. I used a very eclectic variety of fabrics so I think I need to see if I can make it a tiny bit more sane LOL.
    Old 02-02-2020, 06:20 AM

I thought I'd chime in too...I don't know how much I'll get done either. The program I'm using to resize some quilting designs crashed yesterday. I emailed tech support but haven't gotten a response - and don't really expect one since it's a weekend. I'm thinking I may delete/reinstall the program. It's certainly useless to me as it is now.
    Even if I don't get anything accomplished, I'll be here cheering you all on! Happy day to all.
    Old 02-02-2020, 06:54 AM

Howdy folks! I'm up early today and already sewing but taking a coffee break. I'm working on my Bonnie Hunter Frolic quilt, or more specifically I'm using up the extra pieces and making a couple extra blocks from them. Almost done with the setting triangles (one more set of two to go!), the ones that are being turned into new squares have all their sub-units done and the triangles were actually more work to put together. I've had to add some extra cuts and sub-units in order to use what I already cut more efficiently which is why I am ending up with extra blocks. I'd like to think that I've finally thought it all through and cut and prepared everything and it will go quickly now, but I've been fooled before! My sashing strips are made, I'm saving pinning the next set of border units for my Tuesday small group project. Once I get the extra blocks made I can be picky on placement, but once layout is determine I am determined to get this done. Goal is for completed top by Valentine's day and moving on to the next project.

Once the Seahawks were out, I haven't watched any post-season. Hubby and I will be going bowling as usual. Our friend who has been meeting up with us has a non-sports themed wedding to go to. I know it wouldn't have occurred to me to check the Super Bowl schedule when I was booking my venues.

But I do look at when Westminster Dog show is on, nice thing is I can quilt and watch that but it is the only reason I had cable for a couple of years -- until the year when the cable fritzed during the event and I said no more cable until the hubby moved in. It's always close to Valentine's Day btw and it's almost here! Feb 10.
    https://www.westminsterkennelclub.or...of-events-2020
    Old 02-02-2020, 08:17 AM

I'd like to join in today as well. I'm putting borders on my easy Hunter's Star quilt and once the borders are done I'll be ready to put the sandwich together. Yay! Looking forward to seeing pictures of everyone's projects.
    Old 02-02-2020, 08:44 AM

I have the finish up my churn dash quilt for the humane society auction. All the piecing for the top is almost done. I have no energy as I’ve been sick with some upper respiratory thing. So we’ll see how today goes.
    Old 02-02-2020, 08:45 AM

I will be working on some 10x 12" blocks of batik strips for a quilt and others for mug rugs. I have a whole lot to work on.