Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Wey hey I braved free motion!! >
  • Wey hey I braved free motion!!

• Wey hey I braved free motion!!

Old 11-23-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
    That is the problem I have been having, told DH I have to get an extention table!!!!! I do think that will help tremendously! I hate having to reposition my hands too, just get going pretty good and then have too stop!!!! :evil: I think I just need a Longarm machine!!!!! :lol:
    Hi Melissa, get your DH to make you an extension table. I bet he is real handy at making things. We were lucky enough to have a place make it from the template Colin made and we brought it home and he put the wooden legs on it. Cost 15€ plus a broom handle he cut up for the legs LOL. They are so expensive to buy. Got the idea from someone at the club.

Elle
    Old 11-23-2008, 02:17 PM

Izy, you are just too bad, but what a great job you made of that meandering thingy, male whatsit or not. LOL :D :D

Elle
    Old 11-23-2008, 02:21 PM

for starters until you can get the table extension that you really want, you can use your ironing board at the height of you machine table and also a card table will help, even if it is not quite the height that you need. It will hold the bulk of the quilt for you. You did an excellent job. Try a little music to help get in the rythem. They also say a glass of wine will help! great job.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 11-23-2008, 02:28 PM
    Izy

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Izy, you are just too bad, but what a great job you made of that meandering thingy, male whatsit or not. LOL :D :D

Elle
    Keeps your focus more than heads and necks Elle tee hee!!! And I BELIEVE there is more room for variation in size too!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock:
    Old 11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
    Izy

Originally Posted by quilterpat
    for starters until you can get the table extension that you really want, you can use your ironing board at the height of you machine table and also a card table will help, even if it is not quite the height that you need. It will hold the bulk of the quilt for you. You did an excellent job. Try a little music to help get in the rythem. They also say a glass of wine will help! great job.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thanks Pat, I am very fortunate to have a special table made for my machine to fit down into which has abot 3 feet to the left, which is very smooth, I use any spare table chair whatever I can lay my hands on to support the bulk to stop it getting hung up...Now as far as the glass of wine....welll let's just say if I start drinking while quilting, I won't be responsible for what designs I come up with then, but they will be original thats for sure lol :lol: :roll:
    Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Izy, you did a great job of quilting. I really like how you stippled on the border. I think your quilt inspector said it all. Comfortable and delicious!!! :-) :-)
    Old 11-23-2008, 03:05 PM

What a Fantastic Job! Love your meandering too. We call this pattern "Mile a Minute". When my s-i-l made hers, she felt she would be using up her scraps in her bin... Wrong... it made more.
    I love the way you've completed it too. Awesome! Your children will love it!
    Old 11-23-2008, 03:15 PM

Izy ~ Love your quilt!

I tried to post to let you know how great I felt your quilt was. I think it ended up in cyber space some place? If is shows up soon, I guess you'll really know just how attractive I feel your quilt really is. Great Job! Great Gift!
    This pattern is what our quilting group has been calling "Mile a Minute", don't you just love scrappy quilts? They always catch my eye right off.

Awesome Awesome and I love the way you put it all together too.
    Old 11-23-2008, 03:20 PM

It's gorgeous!! You're amazing!! :D
    Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
    Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle
    Keeps your focus more than heads and necks Elle tee hee!!! And I BELIEVE there is more room for variation in size too!!!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

She is so naughty isnt she? Hey but if it gets the job done, I am going to go find a nude male model and really get inspired!!! :lol: :lol: