Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight tables like in the '30's >

Featherweight tables like in the '30's

Featherweight tables like in the '30's

Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 AM

Default Featherweight tables like in the '30's

A friend gave me some quilting mags the other day and I was lookin thru them. I found a place that makes featherweight tables for $177.00 . The web site is www.jslyle.com . These are very pretty and I remember a few posts back that someone wanted one. They are available now. Good luck
Forgot to say they also have parts for the machines. I don't know these people , just trying to help out quilting buddies.

Last edited by Noiseynana; 04-20-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I forgot hehehe
Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Noiseynana View Post
A friend gave me some quilting mags the other day and I was lookin thru them. I found a place that makes featherweight tables for $177.00 . The web site is www.jslyle.com . These are very pretty and I remember a few posts back that someone wanted one. They are available now. Good luck
Forgot to say they also have parts for the machines. I don't know these people , just trying to help out quilting buddies.
I had a VERY bad experience with this company. Beware.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:21 AM

Oh my. I had no idea. Hopefully they are better now. But buyer beware !!!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
I had a VERY bad experience with this company. Beware.
Oh bummer Lovely, I was so excited! Can you be more specific please so we can make informed decision?
thanks,
mary
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Oh bummer Lovely, I was so excited! Can you be more specific please so we can make informed decision?
thanks,
mary
My table arrived defective. There was a small piece of the side band missing; the screws in the part you remove for your machine or replace to use as a table were too long and almost came though the top of the table creating a bulge in the table; the black stain used around the band of the table had been dripped on the table top and just left there and varnished over. There was also varnish over dust specks all over the top. When I called, they insisted they inspected the table before they sent it. They finally agreed to send a RM ticket, but I had to call and email repeatedly for about a month before I got it.
Then I get an email from Mr. Lyle stating that the imperfections were not that bad and it was never advertised as a fine piece of furniture, just as a sewing table. So I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get him to refund my money. That went on for about two weeks and he finally refunded the cost of the table, (after I told him my hubby and I had taken pictures of the defects, which we really did) but he refused to refund my original shipping fee of $40 .
So, long story short, I paid him $40 for six weeks of headaches and the struggle of re-packing and taking the table to ship it back. It was a very hard to handle. And as I was taking off the old shipping label to put the new one on, underneath their label were the words "Made in China". I always try to support made in USA companies and had no idea the table was made in China.
At this year's show, they were not there, but another vendor had some unkind things to say about him, but since I don't know how factual those comments were, I don't feel free to relate them.
Hopefully, if you order, you will not get a defective table!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM

I am so glad you shared your experiences. I had considered ordering one from them too!