Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: $25.00

$25.00

I thought you might get a chuckle. We were in an antique mall and I found an old Singer. Looked it over and decided that it was not what I was looking for and I would not buy it even though it was only $25.00. Then my eyes swept over the price tag again and I realized I had missed seeing the 1. It was actually $125.00 Whoo hoo.

I do think it's funny that you balked at $25, not to mention $125. I've got my husband trained to find machines at antique malls now. It's entertaining. Then I walk over and have to say, "Yeah, no".

Lori: I didn't really balk at the price, it was more that the machine didn't do a thing for me - kind of uninteresting and I know I will have to limit myself so it is going to have to be nifty before it will come home with me.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriH58 View Post
    I do think it's funny that you balked at $25, not to mention $125. I've got my husband trained to find machines at antique malls now. It's entertaining. Then I walk over and have to say, "Yeah, no".

Mine does something like that, only he stands between me and any sewing machines at the antiques mall, hoping I won't see them!!
    Last edited by Treadle&Gears; 03-26-2019 at 06:12 PM. Reason: ...had to paste the quote...
    Household Model 3X | Jones Family CS Hand | The Free No. 5 | Foley & Williams Reliable | Wheeler & Wilson 8 | Singer 66-1 | Singer 99K | Necchi NA Nora | Grumpy DH

My spouse tells me about sewing machines he sees on Craig's list, the tells me I don't need them.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-27-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps