1890 Singer

Old 09-25-2019, 05:28 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617776[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]617777[/ATTACH]Sorry for the long wait but finally I managed it
Attached Thumbnails f2ab0b5f-3771-48b4-baa3-30d5b6f22443.jpeg   82be6294-e1bc-40f6-813f-4141e6fdc51f.jpeg  
Old 09-25-2019, 05:29 AM

The serial number matches up to that date according to a website I’ve used
Old 09-25-2019, 06:12 AM

that is a nice one! the first Improved Family machines are similar to the later 15, but they have a different hook assembly and take smaller bobbins. The early Singer Puzzle Boxes for the IF has a smaller bobbin holder and the class 15 bobbins don't fit. The later puzzle boxes have a wire bobbin holder. The attachments are the same between the IF and the later 15.

I have two IF machines, the earlier one has a different way to adjust foot pressure and the bobbin winder was on the belt guard. The later is like yours, where the foot pressure setting is on the head of the machine, and the bobbin winder is attached to the machine.

Did you get a manual for yours?
Old 09-25-2019, 06:45 AM

New belts can be found a local sewing centers , but you will need to meaure and cut and staple yours. It will need to be a bit loser than you might expect. I am not good enough at this to give you directionsl There is a way cool pair or pliers for cutting the belt and for punching a hole through it for the staple, but it can done with a knife and and ice pick or an awl. You may know already that this is called a fiddle base. looking good.

assuming you know that the hand wheel runs anti clockwise. I often stitch with a machine before I hand a belt on, just my turning the wheel
Old 09-25-2019, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
that is a nice one! the first Improved Family machines are similar to the later 15, but they have a different hook assembly and take smaller bobbins. The early Singer Puzzle Boxes for the IF has a smaller bobbin holder and the class 15 bobbins don't fit. The later puzzle boxes have a wire bobbin holder. The attachments are the same between the IF and the later 15.

I have two IF machines, the earlier one has a different way to adjust foot pressure and the bobbin winder was on the belt guard. The later is like yours, where the foot pressure setting is on the head of the machine, and the bobbin winder is attached to the machine.

Did you get a manual for yours?

I didn’t with it as I found it in a barn but I’ve managed to download one from the internet.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
New belts can be found a local sewing centers , but you will need to meaure and cut and staple yours. It will need to be a bit loser than you might expect. I am not good enough at this to give you directionsl There is a way cool pair or pliers for cutting the belt and for punching a hole through it for the staple, but it can done with a knife and and ice pick or an awl. You may know already that this is called a fiddle base. looking good.

assuming you know that the hand wheel runs anti clockwise. I often stitch with a machine before I hand a belt on, just my turning the wheel
The belt is in decent condition I just need to attach it together. It runs perfectly fine before I took it apart.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:08 AM

Does anyone know what that decal set is called?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
Does anyone know what that decal set is called?
http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...tedfloral.html
That’s what I’ve been able to find on it