Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
1900 to 1909 merrow sewing machine . >

1900 to 1909 merrow sewing machine .

1900 to 1909 merrow sewing machine .

Old 05-20-2021, 05:08 AM

Default 1900 to 1909 merrow sewing machine .

I have a merrow sewing machine style # 60 serial number 4791. The machine does run and work. It has all original parts no cosmetic alterations were done. I contacted The Historical Society of Conn.
they told me the machine was a 1900 to 1909.
It was my great grandmother's. I have researched and also looked on ebay. But nothing has a 4 digit serial number. I was wondering if anyone would know the value of my machine.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2021, 06:53 AM

Is your Merrow and Industrila machine. does it have a round bobbine on a long one.? I wonder if you have a part number istead of a serial #. Very qurious. Welcoom aboard. Pictures owould be very nice.

A Value is what two people agree to on any given day. All over the board. depends on condition, location and tea leaves.
Old 05-20-2021, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Is your Merrow and Industrila machine. does it have a round bobbine on a long one.?...
A Value is what two people agree to on any given day. All over the board. depends on condition, location and tea leaves.
Merrow machines are the early sergers - don't have bobbins. Started out as a knitting machine, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrow...achine_Company

acdc28083 If you are trying to sell, how much is it worth to you to have it gone?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)