301 - finally found

Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on your fantastic finds!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:49 AM

Congratulations! Great find. You will love sewing on this machine. Getting those attachments with machine at that price is awesome. These are very nice to put in a cabinet and sew on-love mine. Enjoy.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 AM

You are going to love it. I have 3 but none of them are the two tone with cream. Enjoy!

I would also add that it was worth the wait for the price. Mine were between $75 and $150. My last one was a black one. It purrs like a kitten.
Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg  

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 08-18-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:42 AM

Oooooooooooooh, you are so absolutely lucky. I would really have to go way back to remember a perfect find like that for that money. I have three, and one of them is the beige one, but I paid more than that for mine. Lucky you, enjoy it to the max.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:42 AM

That was an incredible buy, and with the case and attachments, too! Congratulations! You will have many happy hours with this machine.

I have a 301 long bed I call JoyBoy because he is such a joy to use. These machines are bullet proof. Just oil every 8 hours and keep it clean, and you will be fine.

BTW, look for the quarter inch slant foot. It is worth having. It is an aftermarket foot.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Great score!! Even attachments with it is hard to beat at that price!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:20 AM

I just came across a 301 in a cute little case just like your. I did not know I wanted it until I saw it. It was at a moving sale. It has the zig-zag attachment and some others. The manual was there but missing the cover. It is filled with good info. I love this machine and am making a quilt with it.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:10 PM

Love mine! Have fun!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone!
Update - I spent some time going over it. It was very clean inside, but apparently hadn't been oiled or had gears greased in a very long time. it was dry as a bone. One piece of dust "under the hood" and none in the bobbin area. No rust at all. I cleaned up some dried oil or grease near the top gears, but, other than that, gave it a Tri-FLow drink and put some motor lube in the motor well, as indicated in the manual, and then tinkered with the tension. I think it is good right now. It isn't whisper quiet, but sews well and so far doesn't seem to be laboring. I think a few more sessions on it will give the Tri-Flow a better chance to do it's job. I'm wondering if anyone used it much or it sat in a closet. I'm pretty sure by its condition that it wasn't outside in a garage or shed. I'm looking at it right now and I'm pretty pleased with it!!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Wow what a steal! I had 2 a black one that is a bit dull on the finishbut love it..then added a tan one that my dad tinkered with it when my mom passéd she had a ton of machines - mostly singers she had piked up at various estate sales as a hobby...mostly the tan color but then a
saw a black long bed in the group! Unfortunately it's been abuse and has chips missing some pretty big chunks..been the long bed part. Wondering if they can be patched nd this be a candidate for one of those neat color paint jobs. Makes me sad to see it so Abused. She had a black in a cabinet tht I suspect ws originally a long bed because the bed is tan Nd I read somewhere tht only the short beds fit in the cabinets. Sigh. Keep hoping I'll find it but guess it's long gone. Awesome machines and I need to go through nd oil lube them and see how they sew..some friend re interested nd while I like to practically hoard stuff I've counted t least 2 more tans and a black and think there may be another tan ...not my fave Olof but like my mom and you I would STILL grab one for under $75! Some things can't be helped lol