50$ fw

Old 01-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
The ad is still up. Looking closer, it looks like the bed is twisted or buckled from a severe drop. It might be better as a parts donor.
Rodney
Still makes it worth 50 bucks, if the bobbin case is there.

Cari
Old 01-08-2015, 07:55 PM

I thought the bed looked odd also. there cast alum, There is no way it would twist, it would break first, there is a large bare spot. I'd be more excited about it BUTT. after finding that this guy Fred still has all those machines. I know very well when I do go over there. I'll end up with more than I can handle. LOL and there are FW's in that pile.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
I thought the bed looked odd also. there cast alum, There is no way it would twist, it would break first, there is a large bare spot. I'd be more excited about it BUTT. after finding that this guy Fred still has all those machines. I know very well when I do go over there. I'll end up with more than I can handle. LOL and there are FW's in that pile.
Um....Can I be your new best friend? LOL. I've been toying with finding one that needs a new paint job. I'd never do that to one that didn't need it. I can't afford the high priced ones that have already been painted but I do have a family member who owns an auto body shop.

Cari
Old 01-08-2015, 09:52 PM

The more I think about that day Fred was showing me the stash , the more that comes back. yes there was little tiny black machines piled up. serpentine/ turtle back shaped ones. The treadles, and the massive doll collection, glass ware up the ya hoo, hit n miss motor shovels hoes, racks, LOLOL. JUNK on very hot day and yellow jackets with a happy face, and me feeling like raw meat.

and Fred telling me 20 yrs worth of storys. I just stop for a quick look see at a yard sale.

I'm working my self up to go over there ..... maybe I should take a half case of beer.. for me !!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 03:59 AM

It's a good time for it. No yellow jackets this time of year. Any you do find will be sluggish.
Rodney
Old 01-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Banned

I'm working my self up to go over there ..... maybe I should take a half case of beer.. for me !!!!
Years ago my mom bought a '70s anniversary edition Lincoln in beautiful condition for a half case of beer. We called it her gangstermobile, lol.

Cari
Old 01-09-2015, 12:44 PM

His son did clean up the property. They did lock up the old house and move Fred into a new double wide.

The dragging my feet is I'll be there for ever, listening to story's.

Now, I don't do scary movies. last time 24 + years ago. The place was a mess. The old school bus full of Dolls ( now gone) Truck boby machines and doll parts ( still there). THE chicken coop ( big wooden shed dirt floor) The wifes work shop, treadles benches old glass wear and doll parts every where you look. very dark inside.

It was like being in a Alfred Hitchcock movie. Doll heads watching you, legs hanging from the walls, bodys under the benches. I talking 1000's of those.

I'm going over there in a day or so, The weather is warmer now. I'm only going to ask him about parts , and see where that goes.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 PM

His son did clean up the property. They did lock up the old house and move Fred into a new double wide.

The dragging my feet is I'll be there for ever, listening to story's.

Now, I don't do scary movies. last time 24 + years ago. The place was a mess. The old school bus full of Dolls ( now gone) Truck boby machines and doll parts ( still there). THE chicken coop ( big wooden shed dirt floor) The wifes work shop, treadles benches old glass wear and doll parts every where you look. very dark inside.

It was like being in a Alfred Hitchcock movie. Doll heads watching you, legs hanging from the walls, bodys under the benches. I talking 1000's of those.
I'd love to hear the stories. Take a camera (with a flash) - I want to see this Alfred Hitchcock set!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:42 PM

Alfred Hitchcock dolls I don't think that stuff is till there. I hope not. I plan to take a camera, I have to tell you many people do not trust this camera thing. as In me, if you came here pulled out a cell phone, I would take that from you and you would leave my property.

That has to do with cars, I have some very rare auto's , it's well know fact that people use google earth, to locate things like this all over the world, yes some it's theft, others will just come and bug you to sell.

In my case Google and USGS satellite can't see this place , private road Google's filming street view didn't happen